GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I hate people…

AM407

Autocross Champion
If we're talking about shitty human behavior...

People who FaceTime/talk on speakerphone in public.

You'll notice it's never an intelligent conversation that's happening.
I walked into a restaurant for breakfast once, place was almost empty and I took a quiet table in a corner.

Just after I ordered my coffee, guy walks in and goes straight to the table across from mine and sits down facing right at me. There were literally four people in a restaurant with probably 30 tables and he had to pick that one?

Guy then gets on his phone, loudly, in this quiet restaurant, and has the most inane conversation ever with his wife. They are literally talking about doing the laundry, did the dog go for a walk, what will you have for dinner, what’s on TV…

I’m giving this guy WTF looks, but he’s totally oblivious. Just a moron lost in his own little world.

I should have just got up and taken another table, but by then the waitress had brought my food. Ended up eating in a hurry and just getting the hell out of there.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
If we're talking about shitty human behavior...

People who FaceTime/talk on speakerphone in public.

You'll notice it's never an intelligent conversation that's happening.
People that leave the clicky keys sound on their phone and have the volume cranked while they text wildly.

Back in the before times my office space only had a public shared restroom with several other companies. There was this complete sociopath that worked at the insurance agency down the hall.

He would come blowing into the bathroom like a hurricane, slamming the door open and then standing next to you at the urinal, both hands on the phone texting (CLICKCLACKCLICKCLICKCLACK) while laughing and swearing wildly.

Sometimes you struck the jackpot and he would be on the speakerphone with his girlfriend or ex having a wild argument.

It was so bad and I started venturing to the second floor bathroom.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Jeez if this is the kinda thing that gets people fired up I'd hate to see how they handle real stress. I don't like people touching my cars either. I usually park far away in parking lots. One time a few years ago I came out to may car which was at the far end of the lot away from everyone to find someone surrounded by car with shopping carts. I was enraged and in the moment would have broken the arms of the probably 14 year old kid who thought he was being funny. Quickly got over it and moved on though. Try not to sweat the small stuff, not worth getting upset over dumb things like this.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Jeez if this is the kinda thing that gets people fired up I'd hate to see how they handle real stress. I don't like people touching my cars either. I usually park far away in parking lots. One time a few years ago I came out to may car which was at the far end of the lot away from everyone to find someone surrounded by car with shopping carts. I was enraged and in the moment would have broken the arms of the probably 14 year old kid who thought he was being funny. Quickly got over it and moved on though. Try not to sweat the small stuff, not worth getting upset over dumb things like this.
I wouldn’t say I’m enraged. Miffed. It’s a matter of respect for other peoples property. I give people that same respect. Especially in this situation. There were better ways to handle it. That’s all.

Case in point, my yard is a vortex, no pun, for garbage, it may be because I’m on a corner, i don’t know. I’m constantly picking up garbage. Especially cigarette butts and beer containers from the neighbor across the street. I pick it up and move on. I’m not going to start a fight over it, but it would be nice if he would actually use the trash can he sits next while drinking and smoking.

The lady could have knocked on my door and asked. She could stuck her head over the fence and asked since my dogs were in the yard at the time. She could have taken the whole thing with her.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
when I lived in suburbia the back yard had a solid 8' fence. One year the house behind me was leased to college kids from local school. I was in back yard when a beer bottle was tossed over. I threw it back hard enough to hit their house. Never happened again. Except for that one incident no problems

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
when I lived in suburbia the back yard had a solid 8' fence. One year the house behind me was leased to college kids from local school. I was in back yard when a beer bottle was tossed over. I threw it back hard enough to hit their house. Never happened again. Except for that one incident no problems
My first dealer job had a wash bay at the end my lift was next to it. I had this one guy that would constantly park his wash cars behind me. I would get in and pull it the rest of the way up. My boss told me to put it back behind his lift. I hate being like that. So after car number 5 I said, “To hell with this…” got in and blocked him in. He never blocked me in again.

My boss looked at me and said, “Sometimes it’s not stooping to their level, it’s speaking their language.”

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My first dealer job had a wash bay at the end my lift was next to it. I had this one guy that would constantly park his wash cars behind me. I would get in and pull it the rest of the way up. My boss told me to put it back behind his lift. I hate being like that. So after car number 5 I said, “To hell with this…” got in and blocked him in. He never blocked me in again.

My boss looked at me and said, “Sometimes it’s not stooping to their level, it’s speaking their language.”
Stupid or stubborn. Both awful qualities in a work teammate.

Malicious or deceptive coworkers are obviously the worst tho.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I hate my HOA but that should be it's own thread. For example. The president of the board owns 4 units as rentals (one is his elder mother), does not live in the community. Is clearly colluding with the property management company who few like but we cannot get enough new blood on the board to put the contract out to bid or hold them accountable for being nad at what they do.