GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Screenshot_20220925_192642_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Jon what I take are you running? I have an hpa intake tube that came with my turbo kit that I'm not using. Yours free, just cover shipping.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jon what I take are you running? I have an hpa intake tube that came with my turbo kit that I'm not using. Yours free, just cover shipping.

Thanks for the offer. Stock intake. Shameful, I know. But at least the sniw guard was removed before I got it, and I put in a fresh K&N high flow filter!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
If you enjoyed playing bloody knuckles with quarters as a kid the manifold will be a breeze

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
and thats why i pussed out and had Dr. Jay do it. To be fair, it looked like a combination of 'not too bad' and 'fuck theres a lot of clips and bolts i cant see or feel easily'.

But Jon, being at the same mileage as you are, I had a fair amount of buildup that was nice to see go away. Car indeed feels crisper than before. Worth it

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was gonna say... The guy who paid someone to do it calling it "a breeze" 🤣

After watching a bunch of vids, it doesn't look too bad. I always just get squirrely about things that get close to opening up the engine.

Curious to see what mine look like. It had the chemical treatment done like 8k miles ago, which in willing to bet was close to worthless. While I couldn't see the back of the valves so much when I scooped it last week, I could definitely see a bunch of buildup in the chamber itself.

The car does have a little bit of bogginess in 1st and 2nd at low RPMs/throttle, so hoping this solves that. Will probably still be 2 - 3 weeks before we're able to get together and dig in.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

After watching a bunch of vids, it doesn't look too bad. I always just get squirrely about things that get close to opening up the engine.

Curious to see what mine look like. It had the chemical treatment done like 8k miles ago, which in willing to bet was close to worthless. While I couldn't see the back of the valves so much when I scooped it last week, I could definitely see a bunch of buildup in the chamber itself.

The car does have a little bit of bogginess in 1st and 2nd at low RPMs/throttle, so hoping this solves that. Will probably still be 2 - 3 weeks before we're able to get together and dig in.
just remember if oil starts pouring out of cylinder 4 on the manifold
1664204192364.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

You'll be fine. The manifold is a breeze, get some stubby t30's, make sure have an extension that is skinny and long enough to reach the bottom t30's on the manifold. I bought an additional 6" extension for my 1/4" ratchet that I attached to the 3" extension. The T30 that came with my Stanley ratchet set was too thick to get through the hole. The stubby torx set I got on Amazon worked wonders as the T30, attached to the 1/4" ratchet whereas in my set it attached to the 3/8 and that was too big to snake through.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You'll be fine. The manifold is a breeze, get some stubby t30's, make sure have an extension that is skinny and long enough to reach the bottom t30's on the manifold. I bought an additional 6" extension for my 1/4" ratchet that I attached to the 3" extension. The T30 that came with my Stanley ratchet set was too thick to get through the hole. The stubby torx set I got on Amazon worked wonders as the T30, attached to the 1/4" ratchet whereas in my set it attached to the 3/8 and that was too big to snake through.

Thanks for the tips boo. I should have all the thin/stubbies I need from the turbo swap. Most of my extensions are 3/8" though, my 1/4" extensions are pretty limited, so just ordered this set.
1664219659548.png

Comes with a 9" 1/4" extension, so that should cover me.

Also did realize I didn't have a 17mm stubby wrench, my biggest one was 15mm. So ordered up one of those as well, just in case.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You fuckers made me go check my toolbox and my biggest stubby is 15mm. Thankfully for me I’ve been mpi since 0 miles on this engine so I probably don’t ever have to worry about a carbon clean.