GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I need clarification about the FCP Euro lifetime warranty mechanism from those of you that have used it: if i place four orders for the same item, do i pay only once for the first order since i get refunded for the three subsequent orders, or do i pay twice -- for the first and third orders, with the second and fourth orders being replacements?
Thanks.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
More shit in preparation of the carbon cleaning. A set of hose pics, and a 24mm multipoint socket to manually rotate the crank.

20220925_180235.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I need clarification about the FCP Euro lifetime warranty mechanism from those of you that have used it: if i place four orders for the same item, do i pay only once for the first order since i get refunded for the three subsequent orders, or do i pay twice -- for the first and third orders, with the second and fourth orders being replacements?
Thanks.
1. You pay for and use the first item
2. Then you order and pay for the second order (Same part)
3. You fill out form and send back the first order for refund
4. FCP will refund you for the second order
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with each subsequent item

I do this for most items I order, especially stuff like spark plugs. Some go so far as to return used oil. They warranty everything, even if it is years old.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I expect a write up

I'll report on my findings. But FCP already has a pretty good write-up and video on the process, so probably not a whole how-to. But I'll definitely write up what pops up unexpectedly.

Did get the confirmation from my pops that he was able to grab the compressor from the person selling it on FB.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'll report on my findings. But FCP already has a pretty good write-up and video on the process, so probably not a whole how-to. But I'll definitely write up what pops up unexpectedly.

Did get the confirmation from my pops that he was able to grab the compressor from the person selling it on FB.
Oh that’s good to know…didn’t know FCP had a write up

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yeah, pretty detailed.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/how-to-carbon-clean-walnut-blast-intake-valves-mk7-gti

Charles also has video on removing the manifold where he does a few different things.

He leaves the throttle body attached to the manifold, and is able to get manifold out without taking off the fuel line. Might be a slightly different R vs. GTI thing. I'll see when I get in there in a few weeks 🤣
If you are removing just the manifold, without the need to access the thermostat or waterpump, I'd definitely keep the throttle body on. The four T30's for the TB are not easy. I got three of them off by putting an extension on an extension, on an extension and going from the bottom. Avoid that fuckery.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
If you are removing just the manifold, without the need to access the thermostat or waterpump, I'd definitely keep the throttle body on. The four T30's for the TB are not easy. I got three of them off by putting an extension on an extension, on an extension and going from the bottom. Avoid that fuckery.

That might explain the difference between the videos. Pretty sure the FCP one, they did the water pump at the same time. Will leave the throttle body on.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I didn’t need to take the throttle body off.

Both Humble Mechanic’s and FCP’s videos are very good for removing the manifold.

I didn’t have a big enough compressor for walnut blasting so I did a chemical cleaning and used the zip-ties in cordless drill method. I think it worked really well. But my valves weren’t very dirty to begin with.

E2EDCD88-AF1E-489F-9606-D39F88B47CCB.jpeg
E8F2D873-515B-434B-8162-DA1A008DE6BE.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
That might explain the difference between the videos. Pretty sure the FCP one, they did the water pump at the same time. Will leave the throttle body on.
If you are just removing the manifold, you can fly through it 1-2hrs. The pump has lots of fuckery.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
1. You pay for and use the first item
2. Then you order and pay for the second order (Same part)
3. You fill out form and send back the first order for refund
4. FCP will refund you for the second order
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with each subsequent item

I do this for most items I order, especially stuff like spark plugs. Some go so far as to return used oil. They warranty everything, even if it is years old.
Nice. That means i can keep using ngk racing plugs as long as fcp has them in stock.