GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
That's what happens, right before the shift. Injectors?
No, looking closer it looks like you're off the gas. Misfire at cyl 3 happens for a split second before you dump the accel pedal according to the log. Injector drops with accel, so normal. I feel like I'm blind, but everytime I look over your variables I'm not seeing misfire. I see knock.. And knock would be timing and/or fuel related at those RPMS. Which would point to tune to me. 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
No, looking closer it looks like you're off the gas. Misfire at cyl 3 happens for a split second before you dump the accel pedal according to the log. Injector drops with accel, so normal. I feel like I'm blind, but everytime I look over your variables I'm not seeing misfire. I see knock.. And knock would be timing and/or fuel related at those RPMS. Which would point to tune to me. 🤷‍♂️
Nevermind, you do have injector drop while still requesting WOT it looks like..
That's what happens, right before the shift. Injectors?
1663901867264.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Alright, I'm gonna go log it and report back with a fresh log.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
That's what I thought. Goes from 7K to 5.5K
Your torque is doing something weird when all this happens. You request and were doing actual and at clutch of 400, then you get the injector drop at WOT and torque drops to 250 at clutch and actual. Are you completely off gas when clutching in, or clutching in while coming off the gas at the same time?
1663902139809.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Your torque is doing something weird when all this happens. You request and were doing actual and at clutch of 400, then you get the injector drop at WOT and torque drops to 250 at clutch and actual. Are you completely off gas when clutching in, or clutching in while coming off the gas at the same time?
View attachment 261320
I'm not sure? I may be a bit on the gas as I clutch in, but I'm fully off the gas before I engage the next gear.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So what’s the deal with Ruth’s not being cool on hybrid setups? Mine seem to be doing ok and Hoon didn’t say anything about them.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Get rid of these 6

https://datazap.me/u/daks/log-1663902946?log=0&data=9-10-12-13-14-15-44

Replace with these:

• Cylinder 1 - 4 SOI Primary Pulse Primary start of injection pulse per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 SOI Secondary Pulse Secondary start of injection pulse per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 EOI Limit End of injection limit timing per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 Injector End Angle Primary Pulse Primary end of injection angle timing per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 Injector End Angle Secondary Pulse Secondary end of injection angle timing per cylinder.
  • Start of Injection Limit End of start of injection window.
If you really do get to pick a cylinder for all of those "cylinder 1-4" then I guess pick cylinder 3 for all of them.

Wind out 3rd again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So what’s the deal with Ruth’s not being cool on hybrid setups? Mine seem to be doing ok and Hoon didn’t say anything about them.

They're just not on EQT's official recommendation list.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Get rid of these 6

Replace with these:

• Cylinder 1 - 4 SOI Primary Pulse Primary start of injection pulse per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 SOI Secondary Pulse Secondary start of injection pulse per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 Injector End Angle Primary Pulse Primary end of injection angle timing per cylinder.
  • Cylinder 1 - 4 Injector End Angle Secondary Pulse Secondary end of injection angle timing per cylinder.
If you really do get to pick a cylinder for all of those "cylinder 1-4" then I guess pick cylinder 3 for all of them.

Wind out 3rd again.
Will do and thank you. Log coming tomorrow.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Get rid of these 6

Replace with these:

Wind out 3rd again.
@Diggs24 I'm replacing the injectors anyway tomorrow. I'll give er with the new injectors in there, and then if the problem still occurs I'll do this.