GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I guess I mean the first post so all the correct info is there.

The part numbers for oem stuff is correct for certain years.

The sliders / base mount needs to be address so people know there are two options / pathways and don’t go down the way I did.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Probably half true.

@Navi and @vw671 I think were two others that used the 3.3ohms. Did either of you ever have issues?

I have no interest in pulling my seats back out to switch to different resistors. I'll need to see what VCDS reads out, maybe my resistors are out of spec enough to be fine.

I've been using 3.3ohms connected directly to the pins with just heat shrink and it works perfectly. But I made actual connectors with solider on 3.3ohm resisters and they don't work. I'm guessing the resistance is too high with the connector, wire, and solider. I've been meaning to test a lower ohm resister with the connector but the 3.3ohm with heat shrink has been trouble free so it hasn't been a priority.

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
not sure......but your ROW VW's uses different side airbags as also a different SRS system than North America.
I know there are some differences. You have dual stage airbags in front of the driver, have rail sensors which we don't have and also the occupancy sensor system in the passenger seat is very different. But I would have thought the side airbags would be the same. Lots of people in the US running my plugs actually. More NAR than ROW. Interested to know more about the issues though. What were you seeing code wise?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
How much are a pair?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My seats came out of a EU spec GTD. They could not ship with side air bags. I pulled the airbags out of my Golf S seats and plugged them in on my GTD seats... no problem connecting and no faults 🤷🏿‍♂️.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
This thread is fun. I did Corbeau's, but they sat on the floor and I couldnt see over the steering wheel. Im not a seat bracket fab guy, so the OEM seats went back in and I sold the Corbeau's. I asked around for 3 months for help but no response. Anyway, yea OEM seats, plugged everything back the way it was, now permanent airbag light.,, YAY !!

Levani

Car(s)
Golf 7
hi guys i just installed the wingbacks on my golf 7r. I have a error light and it is from the passenger side occupancy sensor, it is not from the airbag because I have already put the cancellers and it works fine, what should I do now? there are also resistors for the occupancy sensor connector (passenger's belt)? something like airbag cancellers? How can I remove the occupancy sensor error with VCDS? I'm wrong and it's another sensor that gives me a error?

Attachments

• IMG_4187.jpeg
    IMG_4187.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4191.jpeg
    IMG_4191.jpeg
    584.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4192.jpeg
    IMG_4192.jpeg
    738.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My car does this too.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
simplest/safest thing would be to put an occupancy sensor in... especially if you plan on having passengers riding in the car.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The occupancy sensor is in the seat heater elements though.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yup… do the swap as complete as you can, and get the passenger seat bottom /sensor/heater. On my corbeaus I was even able to put it under the seat foam (didn’t have to fully remove the upholstery) and still have the occupancy portion fully functional when a person was or wasn’t in the seat… if you skip this step your leaving passenger at quite the risk without the dash bag deploying.