GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What, generally, is the cost for a properly sorted turbo setup on one of the NA 3.2/3.6 VR6's? I remember reading about Mk4 R32 turbo projects (and even 2.8's) and I have to think the properly done ones (the ones that were just flatly reliable and solid) were approaching $10k. That was years ago, don't know about now.

Ones like this come to mind... https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/the-black-sheep-mk4-vrt.3791954/

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Mk7, I mean B7 content

And on the 10th day…😂

The current look (probably temp. wheel wise, cause i mainly wanted to go 20” and get some good rubber on the car) and not having to spend funds on the wheels made it a easy call.
After the 15min drive I can say the car feels,grips, and turns in soo much better with these p zeros in place of the conti pros… all seasons gotta go for Westcoast dwellers.

245/35/20 on OEM tiguan Rline wheels 20x8.5 ET38

While the black wheels work with all the black trim on the GT (roof,mirrors,moulding,spoiler) it’s makes the car really need tinted windows to flow well and currently the very specific visions I have for the car is :
CLEAR ceramic tint ,
matte bronze 20s,
3/4 to 1/2” lower ( want to maintain comfort so… gonna have to be expensive coilovers, I was looking at B14s but I really don’t like the way they took the easy route and just have the same set listed for a silly wide range of cars…the VR6 weights a good bit more than the 1.8 so using the same front to back spring rates on both platforms doesn’t scream R&D to me)
intake,
exhaust (no headers or cat deletions!),
spare tire sub-(maybe helix) cause I don’t want to mess with taking off door panels and potentially adding rattles cause this thing it’s quiter and tighter fitting than the GTI and Tiguan ever were.

and thats it. Being a Passat and NA makes it easy to not go overboard 😂

View attachment 260718View attachment 260719View attachment 260720View attachment 260721View attachment 260722

*Tiguan wheels got perfect fitment for this thing out the box too
View attachment 260723View attachment 260725
You already know I love the black and white combo. But I'm confused you said with all the black trim it needs tinted windows (so I'm assuming tinted black) but then you say you want clear ceramic tint?

At this point VW should be flying you out to their HQ for a private tour

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You already know I love the black and white combo. But I'm confused you said with all the black trim it needs tinted windows (so I'm assuming tinted black) but then you say you want clear ceramic tint?

At this point VW should be flying you out to their HQ for a private tour
Yeah, with black wheels the fishbowl doesn’t look good and needs dark tint (my personal perspective). but the problem is I don’t want to commit to dark tint cause the main vison I have for the car is bronze wheels and the fish bowl look, cause I won’t like the dark tint with bronze wheels mix for This car.

But being in this heat ANY Tint is a must! At least it cools down soon so I don’t have to decide right away.

Side note - the 3.6s power and it’s curves makes for such a better DD commuter car than the 2.0 turbos…. So much smoother and lower rpms to merge into traffic.

GripNRip

Passed Driver's Ed
I packed it for the weekend.

IMG_9009.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Changed my plugs with the fresh set of Ruths, found some not good stuff :(

1663279761550.png

1663279798972.png

That was cylinder 4. Plug was very wet with oil. The top of the threads on 3 (not near the tip) was a little wet, but nothing like 4.

Checked compression again, all still ~145psi across the board, same as they were about 6 months ago.

What am I looking at here. PCV issue? I know it was replaced 25k miles ago, but these PCVs seem to be hit or miss.

Dr. @Diggs24, you're the plug expert, tell me what to do! 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R