GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Flame suit on… how do brakes catch fire? I recognize they get very hot.
Since there was brake fluid all over the calipers and rotors if it's hotter than its flash point the fluid will catch fire. The drivers side caliper did not catch fire since there was no fluid.

I was not able to execute an appropriate cooldown lap to get the brakes cooler than the flashpoint of the brake fluid when entering pits and it caught fire then.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Pulling off the track like

1663099496751.png

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
holy crappy rear suspension.....there is no way having four people in the back did that alone....I've had 15+ bags of mulch in my GTI and never had that bad of a drop. You sir, need new shocks
This is the results of having too high of an offset. I'm left the 20mm spacers in the rear I was running with the stock GTI wheels and had no rub.With the 19in S3 wheels the wheels poke alot. I'm gonna drop it 15mm in the rear and hope it helps, if not 10mm it is..

I guess I need to touch up the fender line with paint and hope for the best

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
That blue is awesome

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I have a buddy who's running EQT hardware and tune. Went from stock block to built block, 535/PM4 to RS3 pump, XL turbo to Typhoon...everytime he made a change he was charged to retune.
I have done re-tunes in my LS cars and I would have to say that the amount of money that some tuners for the VW charge is absurd. Especially since they have been tuning the platform for so long and all they are really doing is loading a tune they already have and tweaking it. I went from shorty headers, to LT, to turbo with 60lb injectors, to a bigger turbo with 80lb injectors, two different fuel pump set up. Initial tune was 325, every revision for upgrades was 125 NA and between 150-200 for the turbo upgrades. I was reading that you basically pay for a custom tune every time you add something like MPI, or a change to a different turbo. That's a bit too much.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
unlike Acadia, I do not find car washing/detailing therapeutic......however, I had to wash and clay bar before I use my sonax ceramic spray, soooooooooo just washed/clay bar'd Gretel....yay

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Oil level light came on while driving. Poured 1/4 quart in. Usually happens every couple thousand miles. No visible leaks although the oil pan is oily near the sensor.
Went for a drive later and noticed oil residue on the ground in my stall. Jacked up one side and tightened the 3 oil pressure sensor nuts. All of them could be turned about 1/4 turn before being "tight". Turned 1/8 more.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Mk7, I mean B7 content

And on the 10th day…😂

The current look (probably temp. wheel wise, cause i mainly wanted to go 20” and get some good rubber on the car) and not having to spend funds on the wheels made it a easy call.
After the 15min drive I can say the car feels,grips, and turns in soo much better with these p zeros in place of the conti pros… all seasons gotta go for Westcoast dwellers.

245/35/20 on OEM tiguan Rline wheels 20x8.5 ET38

While the black wheels work with all the black trim on the GT (roof,mirrors,moulding,spoiler) it’s makes the car really need tinted windows to flow well and currently the very specific visions I have for the car is :
CLEAR ceramic tint ,
matte bronze 20s,
3/4 to 1/2” lower ( want to maintain comfort so… gonna have to be expensive coilovers, I was looking at B14s but I really don’t like the way they took the easy route and just have the same set listed for a silly wide range of cars…the VR6 weights a good bit more than the 1.8 so using the same front to back spring rates on both platforms doesn’t scream R&D to me)
intake,
exhaust (no headers or cat deletions!),
spare tire sub-(maybe helix) cause I don’t want to mess with taking off door panels and potentially adding rattles cause this thing it’s quiter and tighter fitting than the GTI and Tiguan ever were.

and thats it. Being a Passat and NA makes it easy to not go overboard 😂

7D8767DD-94E5-43FE-8EC1-D4D007E9FC07.jpeg
49D5BA77-A8A4-45F8-B815-38CF59402212.jpeg
222BF253-9CC2-4030-A02E-DD0E2E3BE068.jpeg
334548E6-4911-4F87-9774-F2B044F3333A.jpeg
A507E6B1-13D8-46D1-9881-A5AB9B922F48.jpeg

*Tiguan wheels got perfect fitment for this thing out the box too
052C301B-DC3C-4B04-B4F5-01B3C82D53CA.jpeg
F780479B-092D-4462-B978-9D252CF9C4FE.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oil level light came on while driving. Poured 1/4 quart in. Usually happens every couple thousand miles. No visible leaks although the oil pan is oily near the sensor.
Went for a drive later and noticed oil residue on the ground in my stall. Jacked up one side and tightened the 3 oil pressure sensor nuts. All of them could be turned about 1/4 turn before being "tight". Turned 1/8 more.
Interested to hear if that stops your oil use.