GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
First graph implies that the WHP loss per temp/DA is exaggerated as you increase turbo size, right?
Yes, but have to be careful on some of the conclusions you draw as the data aren't even distributed and a lot of the high temp runs on the IS38 were at the drags with lots of sitting/waiting but yes, that does make sense at least.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Yes, but have to be careful on some of the conclusions you draw as the data aren't even distributed and a lot of the high temp runs on the IS38 were at the drags with lots of sitting/waiting but yes, that does make sense at least.
I mean if you figure it to be a percentage based relationship, it would make sense. But i'm sure it can only be extrapolated so far before it falls apart.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
For curiosities sake @CarbonDub What do you attribute the 5mph increase in the quarter mile with? Ambient temps play a roll but 5mph is quite a chunk of HP. Unless maybe there's something in the tune that unleashes more of the ponys as temps drop?
1) Removing the roof rack added ~2mph.
2) Ambient temp and humidity dropped significantly after a recent storm.
3) AC fan has always been off during passes but yesterday I hit the button to turn it off-off, I doubt that has anything to do with it, just mentioning differences.
4) Could be something janky happening with the boost by gear FWD tune. You can see from my Dragy I gained 2 tenths from the 0-60mph and over 1mph in the 1/8.

Whatever it was it wasn’t a fluke, I did back to back 115 and 116mph runs last night.

Boloc

Car(s)
20’ GTI
No LSD, FWD file.

I’m half joking being surprised I can’t crack 12’s with no LSD. Actually kind of impressed my 60’ launch isn’t worse than it is for being on fully inflated street tires on an unprepped road.
Werd.

Were you stage 1 before the DTR upgrade? If so, what were your 1/4 mi times on Stage 1?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Werd.

Were you stage 1 before the DTR upgrade? If so, what were your 1/4 mi times on Stage 1?
Yes. Went right from stage 1 to DTR, all I added when I upgraded the turbo was an intercooler.

APR Stage 1 93 oct + TCU tune - 1/4 mile ET (track):
13.60 @ 104.8mph, 2.29 60’

APR Stage 3 DTR 93 oct (FWD) + TCU tune - 1/4 mile ET (street):
13.04 @ 116mph, 2.44 60’

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That’s a solid gain.
Yes. Went right from stage 1 to DTR, all I added when I upgraded the turbo was an intercooler.

APR Stage 1 93 oct + TCU tune - 1/4 mile ET (track):
13.60 @ 104.8mph, 2.29 60’

APR Stage 3 DTR 93 oct (FWD) + TCU tune - 1/4 mile ET (street):
13.04 @ 116mph, 2.44 60’

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Been a minute since I've been here. I bought a 22 grom I've been messing with. Absolutely love it. Been dailying it and getting 130mpg average.
1663241199221.jpeg

The fleet 😂
1663241676010.jpeg

And I sold my 15 mustang (finally). But the GF decided she wanted a fun car.. so now she's a proud owner of a 99 cobra convertible. Really nice car with low miles, just needed some help when we got it (wheel bearing, exhaust, full service, clutch cable, fuel pump..etc).
1663241353418.jpeg

As far as the R goes, I've been working with APR on my monitors. They've been great so far. They also sent me a dongle to help them gather some data to get the fuel monitor to set. Weathers cooled down quite a bit so the R will be coming out to play soon. Just hoping they can get the fuel monitor figured out so I can get my inspection taken care off. Currently riding dirty on that front.

Tom/APR1

Ready to race!
Knowing the CA gov by the time it's approved we'll all be driving electric cars
I think that is their goal. We submit all the data to CARB, and then wait. No rhyme or reason as to when things get approved, sometimes a few weeks, sometimes 18+ months.

Do you have an intake? Like any bigger turbo, the DTR is sensitive to that. I would have at least our open intake (CI100040/41) or some other future, upcoming intake... :cool:

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
I think that is their goal. We submit all the data to CARB, and then wait. No rhyme or reason as to when things get approved, sometimes a few weeks, sometimes 18+ months.

Do you have an intake? Like any bigger turbo, the DTR is sensitive to that. I would have at least our open intake (CI100040/41) or some other future, upcoming intake... :cool:
AFE drop-in filter, stock box…

Tom/APR1

Ready to race!
AFE drop-in filter, stock box…
You seriously need to upgrade that! I promise that the factory airbox is a restriction at the airflow levels the DTR can produce.

Please tell the R&D dept. to heavily consider something NOT carbon. Some people prefer upgrades that are functional and discreet.
I think you have seen that we have started offering intakes in both carbon and non-carbon versions. I'm not going to say anything else about what is coming, but there have been teasers in some German videos on Youtube for Mk8's. For now though, CI100041 is cheap and will fulfill the airflow needs of the DTR; we've been shipping a TON of these daily.