riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
picking my car up from the dealership. Had my coolant shutoff valve replaced, because I wasn't getting cabin heat. They replaced my shifter trim under warranty. I didn't have the heart to tell them that was a fools errand since i will replace the shifter trim for a manual one anyway.

31k. S model. 6-speed. Moonstone gray. Should I do it? It has a nice looking FMACC peeking out from behind that grille

1663164320196.png

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
picking my car up from the dealership. Had my coolant shutoff valve replaced, because I wasn't getting cabin heat. They replaced my shifter trim under warranty. I didn't have the heart to tell them that was a fools errand since i will replace the shifter trim for a manual one anyway.

31k. S model. 6-speed. Moonstone gray. Should I do it? It has a nice looking FMACC peeking out from behind that grille

View attachment 260651

Maybe if it wasn't the peasant S trim.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
S Trim is best trim

Serious question, have you ever gotten beat up for running your mouth and being a smartass to literally everyone? Or is this just your keyboard warrior online persona?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I can't support purchases of mk8s. Especially a manual. VW's done us a huge disservice constantly putting in these shitty clutches generation after generation. I hate it. I've dealt with it twice already. There's no way I could ever do it again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm still not over that Mishimoto IC intercooler deal for some reason.

@riceburner, want to buy my CSK stock location intercooler? It's definitely not Zhong Zhong, it's ebay 🤣

1663171720247.png

I'd cut you a deal, $250 shipped out, more than half off the new price. Less than 1k miles on it! Installation is very easy, or if you don't want to do it yourself, I'm sure Jay could put you in the service position and get it done for you.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

View attachment 260651
Just don't swap turbos and accidentally make it slower

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wow so actually looking into it a hair, the Jetta GLI is actually better than the GTI in almost every way! The only trim available is the autobahn - meaning:
DCC,
leather,
e-diff,
and basically the MIB2 out of the 7.5 golf R.
HID headlights,
full suit android auto
wireless phone charging!
digital dash,

i mean its better than the S class GTI in every way, and EVEN beats its price?

Not to mention... It looks BETTER than the GTI. Never thought i would say that.

EDIT: Anyway not getting a new car i don't have $40k after taxes and bullshit lol

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Wow so actually looking into it a hair, the Jetta GLI is actually better than the GTI in almost every way! The only trim available is the autobahn - meaning, DCC, leather, e-diff, and basically the MIB2 out of the 7.5 golf R. HID headlights, digital dash, i mean its better than the S class GTI in every way, and EVEN beats its price?

I'm actually a fan of the GLI too. I prefer a hatchback generally speaking, but the standard equipment for the price is hard to beat.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Wow so actually looking into it a hair, the Jetta GLI is actually better than the GTI in almost every way! The only trim available is the autobahn - meaning:
DCC,
leather,
e-diff,
HID headlights,
full suit android auto
wireless phone charging!
digital dash,

They're cool cars and you can decorate the rear window with your sorority stickers

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
if i shave my beard and wear a bra i bet i could pull off a pretty hot lesbian and get all sorts of pussay

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
DCC,
leather,
e-diff,
HID headlights,
full suit android auto
wireless phone charging!
digital dash,

EDIT: Anyway not getting a new car i don't have $40k after taxes and bullshit lol
MSRP on a GLI is 1.5k higher then a GTI S

1663174534095.png