GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not ā€œslammingā€ this one! (I mean I did google air kits a couple times before going to the dealer,lol) Honestly, i love the GTI so much but with the new stiff air and all the shifter and heavy clutch BS, I want something comfortable to drive daily and put coworkers and clients in the car as needed. Was looking at a new 2023 Arteon and even goofed the idea of new R, but at those price ranges, Itā€™s just wiser to trade in or sell the rabbitā€¦ the amount of work and love I have that car I just canā€™t get rid
of itā€¦yet. So this works best, check all the marks and still and vw nerd special model.

Thinking black or gunmetal blue wheels, maybe some extra sound maybe some coil overs or even just springs and shocks (but fighting that Internally just cause the ā€œcalm comfort ideaā€) but clearly with the Tiguanā€¦ I lose that battle easilyšŸ˜‚ maybe I should have got a sante fe or Kia
Add a rsb, decent tires and call it a day. Maybe speakers and a sub.

When you're tired of it, you'll get better money for it too. The market for highly modified cars is small.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I tried those seats myself, but got tired of sitting on the floor of the car. Tried waiting for better seat brackets to become available (in stock) from Planted Technology, but they never were. After 3 months of waiting I sold them.
They definitely are lower that's for sure. I always drove with the stock seats in the lowest position, and these are even lower than that. I haven't taken the car for a drive yet but they seem comfortable.

Anybody considering these seats should know that the front/back adjustment on these is a lot less than the stock seats; I'm only 5'8", so I luckily found a good driving position; however, even with the passenger seat all the way back, my legs are slightly bent with my feet against the firewall, so tall people might not find these comfortable.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
They definitely are lower that's for sure. I always drove with the stock seats in the lowest position, and these are even lower than that. I haven't taken the car for a drive yet but they seem comfortable.

Anybody considering these seats should know that the front/back adjustment on these is a lot less than the stock seats; I'm only 5'8", so I luckily found a good driving position; however, even with the passenger seat all the way back, my legs are slightly bent with my feet against the firewall, so tall people might not find these comfortable.
Oh no. :(. This was going to be my 40th BDay present to myself.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I tried those seats myself, but got tired of sitting on the floor of the car. Tried waiting for better seat brackets to become available (in stock) from Planted Technology, but they never were. After 3 months of waiting I sold them.
Any good fabricator could make you a new bracket.

Even easier if you've got the one for the seats already so they've got a perfect template.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Mind if I ask how tall/large you are? I'm 6'2 and ~245lbs (on a good day), wear between a 38" and 40" pant depending on the brand. I'm really looking hard at these, I want something that sits lower as the seating in the GTI stock feels like driving an SUV, I'm just unsure about how cramped I'll be. Working on losing weight and whatnot, but I really don't want to ruin a good set of seats because I can't stop with the pasta.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Congrats man!

I had 3 of those NMS Passat VR6's before and the DSG combo is amazing (IMO). I never drove a GT, although it was just mainly cosmetic stuff on it (minus the slightly different exhaust system).
The premium gas & slightly thirsty aspect kinda sucks though, lol.

For something to bolt right on though....the Borla exhaust is amazing! (I have a few videos on YouTube of it)
It's not crazy loud, but you get the VR6 experience for sure. The price has gone up quite a bit since I first had it though.

Mileage on it?
Price paid?

Did you get rid of a car, or this was an addition?
Gas wonā€™t be to bad for me since My daily has been the gti that get 16-17miles on e60 currently lol. And in Vegas ethanol is only 20-30 cents lower.

Yeah I was looking at the borla and saw old posts of people saying they spend like $1100 itā€™s all listed at $1800 now.

32k miles
24k paid
1owner bought from my local dealer and traded in to same dealer with all records at said dealer. Itā€™s def. been cherried and garage kept cause itā€™s pristine still, even under the hood was new looking.

Current market is was it is though, if the others GTs listed online it was still ā€œlisted below marketā€ since the rest were 2-3k more. Late model depreciation donā€™t exist in 2021&2022 I guessšŸ˜‚.

Added to the bunch, couldnā€™t get ride of the GTI if I triedā€¦too much work and money wasted on it.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Mind if I ask how tall/large you are? I'm 6'2 and ~245lbs (on a good day), wear between a 38" and 40" pant depending on the brand. I'm really looking hard at these, I want something that sits lower as the seating in the GTI stock feels like driving an SUV, I'm just unsure about how cramped I'll be. Working on losing weight and whatnot, but I really don't want to ruin a good set of seats because I can't stop with the pasta.
As somebody that was bouncing between GTI and Atlas (now Tiguan) - feels like Iā€™m sitting on the floor when I get in my car.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Some MIB2HighToolBox modifications, updated the startup screens...
New VW Logo and TCR-like background
Poorly edited picture of my car... going to make this smaller, if I keep it at all
- Or find the VW font and make this say TDI (can't bring myself to use GTD, as I don't drive a GTD :cautious:)
Replaced Fender with Audio Control since I'm running their DSP

And pictures with lots of reflections šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Screen 1.jpg
Screen 2.jpg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
As somebody that was bouncing between GTI and Atlas (now Tiguan) - feels like Iā€™m sitting on the floor when I get in my car.
I have that same feeling when I go from Taos to GTI.

I also felt like my GTI was a SUV after I spent a day driving around in a buddy's FD and then getting back into my GTI. I wasn't considering these seats before but I am tempted now.......

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm 5'8" and currently 205lbs. Working on losing weight myself. The seats might be a little tight in the hips but I don't feel cramped at all with the bolsters.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Gas wonā€™t be to bad for me since My daily has been the gti that get 16-17miles on e60 currently lol. And in Vegas ethanol is only 20-30 cents lower.

Yeah I was looking at the borla and saw old posts of people saying they spend like $1100 itā€™s all listed at $1800 now.

32k miles
24k paid
1owner bought from my local dealer and traded in to same dealer with all records at said dealer. Itā€™s def. been cherried and garage kept cause itā€™s pristine still, even under the hood was new looking.

Current market is was it is though, if the others GTs listed online it was still ā€œlisted below marketā€ since the rest were 2-3k more. Late model depreciation donā€™t exist in 2021&2022 I guessšŸ˜‚.

Added to the bunch, couldnā€™t get ride of the GTI if I triedā€¦too much work and money wasted on it.
"Fuck the recession, I'm still investin'" @El_bigote_AJ

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
The R made the trek to the dealership for repairs . They said it will be a day or 2 for the estimate to get drawn up. Till then I'm stuck in a CR-V Hybrid. Rental places within 200 miles was slim pickings.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Also, wife is not amused That I am still buying parts while it's in the shop. 2 new purchases, ecs tip, and ecs inlet pipe. Still Looking for a TMD.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Also, wife is not amused That I am still buying parts while it's in the shop. 2 new purchases, ecs tip, and ecs inlet pipe. Still Looking for a TMD.
I know where you can find an air ride system......lol