Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-09 at 20.46.11 (1).jpeg

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
This might be a dumb question but is this 100% plug and play for US market cars? Will the odd frequency radio bands in the US work? Will Sirius Satellite radio work, etc.?

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
This might be a dumb question but is this 100% plug and play for US market cars? Will the odd frequency radio bands in the US work? Will Sirius Satellite radio work, etc.?
it doen't come with Sirius Satellite , but you can always use carplay and use spotfy or deezer

it is plug and play, but we need 5 working days for coding and remove component protection

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
MIB2 PREH:

BENEFITS:
- SOUND IMPROVES ITS PERFORMANCE BY 30%
- STRONGER BASS SOUNDS
- MAPS IN 3D SATELLITE
- EXTRA FUNCTION IN A/C
- PERFORMANCE MONITOR
- OFF ROAD MODE

- NEW GRID LAYOUT

tela mapas.jpeg

kalpa

USA buyer here! Very pleased with the results and is true plug & play with my 2015 GTI. This route is the best way to retrofit MIB2 in your car. All I needed was the standard 6.5in screen which my factory trim worked with. Now I have CarPlay, louder bass, and all the neat MIB2 features for a fraction of the other methods to get this. 10/10. Smooth purchasing experience and super easy install.

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 82

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
USA buyer here! Very pleased with the results and is true plug & play with my 2015 GTI. This route is the best way to retrofit MIB2 in your car. All I needed was the standard 6.5in screen which my factory trim worked with. Now I have CarPlay, louder bass, and all the neat MIB2 features for a fraction of the other methods to get this. 10/10. Smooth purchasing experience and super easy install.
Did you get a model with navigation, and does your performance monitor work? Did your 2015 have an MIB1 system?

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
thank you so much my friend!! happy you liked it :love:

kalpa

Did you get a model with navigation, and does your performance monitor work? Did your 2015 have an MIB1 system?
I have a base 2015 with M1B1 system so I had no navigation. I purchased the 6.5in screen that has "MUTE". The performance monitor does partly work, it reads everything but coolant temp and boost.

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have a base 2015 with M1B1 system so I had no navigation. I purchased the 6.5in screen that has "MUTE". The performance monitor does partly work, it reads everything but coolant temp and boost.
So the performance monitor doesn't work, what about satellite and HD radio? You also mentioned you have no native navigation still, does Apple Maps work? Just wondering if you needed to buy a GPS puck to make it work.

kalpa

So the performance monitor doesn't work, what about satellite and HD radio? You also mentioned you have no native navigation still, does Apple Maps work? Just wondering if you needed to buy a GPS puck to make it work.
Satellite doesn't work since there is no plug for the brown on the MIB2 head unit but HD radio does work. No native navigation but apple maps and all my music apps on CarPlay works flawlessly.

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Satellite doesn't work since there is no plug for the brown on the MIB2 head unit but HD radio does work. No native navigation but apple maps and all my music apps on CarPlay works flawlessly.
to have native navigation you have to purchase SD card maps from your country or download maps from your country on a regular SD card

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
to make maps work it is really simple, you have to put the SD card in the second slot
You have to purchase VW SD with maps from your country or download it from web

germanygarage

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
if you guys wanna follow on instagram this is (at) gemanygarage.com.br
you guys can also contact us through direct message :)