GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Finished up the prototype MPI harness im making this morning. Pulled the intake, scraped the valve stems, swapped in new DI injectors, and swapped everything over to the new intake manifold for MPI install. Called it a day as the mosquitoes were getting bad and my lower back was done. Just need to install the manifold and the new fuel lines in the morning. Install the harness and flash, hopefully smooth sailing and nothing but some logging and tweaks to get it running just right.
20220824_141408.jpg

20220824_141421.jpg

20220824_142740.jpg

d6421595-3fbb-4566-bb8d-16ad5879af6b.jpg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed a 034 Motorsports turbo inlet pipe and silicone inlet hose that I picked up lightly used here on the classifieds. Pretty sure I have the turbo inlet breather hose connection that can be a PITA, but wasn't bad for me. Followed the video below for install and used a small pick to help disconnect the breather hose. Car was still pretty warm from driving it earlier in the evening which probably helped. Hard to tell if I could feel a difference on my quick test drive. Turbo noises seemed a smidge louder. I know I shouldn't expect much from these parts. Figured might as well for cheap supporting mods and maybe the turbo doesn't have to work as hard.

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9170.jpg

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Finished up the prototype MPI harness im making this morning. Pulled the intake, scraped the valve stems, swapped in new DI injectors, and swapped everything over to the new intake manifold for MPI install. Called it a day as the mosquitoes were getting bad and my lower back was done. Just need to install the manifold and the new fuel lines in the morning. Install the harness and flash, hopefully smooth sailing and nothing but some logging and tweaks to get it running just right.
View attachment 259043
View attachment 259044
View attachment 259045
View attachment 259046
Solid day's work! You've probably already answered this, but what are your power goals for the car?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Solid day's work! You've probably already answered this, but what are your power goals for the car?
Thanks! Not bad for how slow I moved, and how many mistakes I made.. I think I fished with a magnet about 10 times to find something I dropped, but a good learning experience.

No real solid goals. Just building a fun daily and dog hauler. Going to swap in an IS20 once the MPI and full E85 are dialed in, then probably an RS3 LPFP and end up on an IS38 at some point. Famous last words, but I'll probably stop after the IS38 turbo upgrade wise.

I've got the 09G 6spd automatic with Triptronic, rather than DSG or MT. So I assume anything past an IS38 is probably a gamble. I was looking at a DQ250 swap if/when the 09G ate itself, but being in CA we have new ECU scans for smog. So my CAL ID or CAL Number, or both, would change to get the DQ2500 to work correctly and I'd automatically fail. May look into getting ahold of a state ref and seeing what it would take to do the swap with the correct paperwork, but not in the plans right now. We'll see how bored I get once I install the rest of my goodies sitting around the house. :ROFLMAO:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Checked my coolant level and it's a bit lower than the last time. Going to be looking for leaks after work....yay

TooMuchFun

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Swapped out the stock air filter for a K&N and removed the snow guard from the box.

Only had the car for about a week. The PO seemed to be an enthusiast, so I was surprised to find a stock air filter.

Could be my imagination, but it seems like low rev power is a bit better, and a bit faster turbo spool up. I'm new to GTI's so all this is new to me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Could be my imagination, but it seems like low rev power is a bit better, and a bit faster turbo spool up. I'm new to GTI's so all this is new to me.

Yes, it's your imagination.

Welcome to forums. Plenty of paths you can go down with the car 👍

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Threw in some ruths today. So far the car drives amazing in any rpm range. Feels like a new car driving from how smooth it is on acceleration and cruising. I drive a manual and my car would buck like crazy. Gapped .024 currently stage 2
99CDC259-C90F-4F39-9834-6D99E9CE7C5E.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did my first oil change with the extractor. Got out enough to leave me satisfied.

20220825_172455.jpg

Realized the filter I've had on hand for a few months is the wrong size. FML.

20220825_172933.jpg

Luckily it's just an oil filter and I was able to pick one up locally.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did my first oil change with the extractor. Got out enough to leave me satisfied.

View attachment 259172

Realized the filter I've had on hand for a few months is the wrong size. FML.

View attachment 259174

Luckily it's just an oil filter and I was able to pick one up locally.
That means you drove the wife’s car though, so the filter won in the end