GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Not today but a few weeks ago, fitted a new steering wheel.

t h i c c 😍

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I did this today too, after an OBD11 scan of the car in preparation for my ambient lighting upgrade (to set the colours to 30 as requested).

One of the fautls detected was low battery on key #2, which I'm sure is my little used spare. It's been a bit over 2 years and I've replaced the one in my regular fob already, it was dead one day out of the blue, so I figure it has to be that one. Remembered it being a 2032, but it was a 2025, and we keep spares in the house for all the cars!

so be like me and @Acadia18 ......start throwing batteries in your glovebox and then lose track of them!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I did this today too, after an OBD11 scan of the car in preparation for my ambient lighting upgrade (to set the colours to 30 as requested).

One of the fautls detected was low battery on key #2, which I'm sure is my little used spare. It's been a bit over 2 years and I've replaced the one in my regular fob already, it was dead one day out of the blue, so I figure it has to be that one. Remembered it being a 2032, but it was a 2025, and we keep spares in the house for all the cars!

My non Kessy car is on original battery after 6 years.

Now that i say that, it's going to stop working

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Keeping the spare battery in the glove box is a great way to have 2 dead batteries instead of one.
uhhhhh....they have a decent shelf life, especially since I've had to replace mine twice in the last year.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
This post contradicts itself.

Just sayin ;)
I should have clarified. the batterys I replaced were both inside my house, not my glove box.

If you keep a battery in the car, you're shortening its life by exposing it to temperature fluctuations.
true statement but only if really stored there long term.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I learned how to properly remove the connectors off our coil packs. No more pics and crowbars for me

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I took an 1100-mile road trip over a long weekend...

Tail of the Dragon...

Fontana Dam...

Eurofest Maggie Valley, NC...

The forecast called for thunderstorms over the weekend, but it was beautiful the entire time, perhaps even a bit on the warm side. I even got my first sunburn in many years. I enjoyed the show and hope to return in the future. (y)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Scott....you swing by RVA so much, you need to hit me up for coffee at some point lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
On Aug. 23, 2017, I took delivery of my 2017 GTI Sport with 202 miles on the odometer. It had picked up those 202 miles as a trade from a dealer near Pittsburgh to the dealer near Cleveland where I bought it. It's my first (and to date only) new car purchase.

Exactly five years later, the car rolled over 30,202 miles at the end of a nice long jaunt in the country to celebrate. Still almost completely stock and original; still impresses me with its flexibility and quality. Here's to many more years!

View attachment 258967
View attachment 258968
Sport and Rabbit are the best spec GTI in US. All the good stuff, non of the fluff.