Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Installed the Roc Euro arm.
20220822_160235.jpg

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
They are brand new Zimmerman rotors, which come with the Z coat on them. I think it's like a geomet kinda coating. It'll wear off on the braking surface after a drive but stick around everywhere else
I just installed 4 new zim rotors as well. I do want to ask how your Z coat is wearing off.
The rears are gone almost immediately after the bedding process.

The fronts, however look werid because the center portion seems to remain to-date. Leaving the edges shinny and center has a light grey z coat :| see pic

Attachments

• 01855C68-DC67-4812-AD94-839AB486F421.jpeg
    01855C68-DC67-4812-AD94-839AB486F421.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 82

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
lol... it actually says that. Hmm... I wonder how these do when paired with powerflex hybrid.
Pretty great so far

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
How is the install?
10 minutes. Take out the bolts, slide the old one forward, slide the new one in, reinstall bolts.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I just installed 4 new zim rotors as well. I do want to ask how your Z coat is wearing off.
The rears are gone almost immediately after the bedding process.

The fronts, however look werid because the center portion seems to remain to-date. Leaving the edges shinny and center has a light grey z coat :| see pic
Something weird with your front pads. The coating should wear off on the friction surface.

I'd remove and reinstall those front pads. Make sure you clean everything and lube the pins.