GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Reading you folks' post about this RocEuro Arm has me thinking (probably stupidly) again about motor/trans mounts for my TDI 🤦🏿‍♂️.

Running 034's right now, and they've been great for me. But according to you all they ARE going to fail soon 😬.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
My BFI mounts + the hybrid powerflex have been pretty bitchin', and the RocEuro arm ended up being the chef's kiss on top of it all.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
TLC on the rear brake area today. New pads and rotors installed, scraped, wire brushed, and painted the dust shields with BBQ paint. Also added some 5mm spacers to make the rear a little more flush like the front.

Attachments

• 20220820_121319.jpg
    20220820_121319.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 96
  • 20220820_130601.jpg
    20220820_130601.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 71
  • 20220820_133711.jpg
    20220820_133711.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 76
  • 20220820_134251.jpg
    20220820_134251.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20220820_153602.jpg
    20220820_153602.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 82

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Not today, but... found and fixed something that has been making me go insane for almost a year.

A knighthood, lands and titles to whomever brings me the severed head of the MF who's responsible for these being in my car.

Gold star next to your name if you can guess why. One hint: there were eight of them.
Covers for the seat rails? I dont think I have seen those in any mk7 I have seen.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Covers for the seat rails? I dont think I have seen those in any mk7 I have seen.

Correct. They snap onto the ends of the seat rails.

And they BUZZ. The sort of hard buzz older VW cars were known for, like a big fly banging on glass, triggered by slightly rough asphalt, or the heavy bass line on the intro to Headstones track 'Unsound', from their 1995 album 'Teeth & Tissue'.

I've been chasing that buzz since last fall. I shit you not I commute 3 hours a day, and it was making me insane. It sounded like it was coming from somewhere near where the back seats meet the body, or the rear hatch or headliner, rear passenger door, or some other nightmare location that I couldn't reach from the driver's seat.

One day I spotted a dime sitting in the inside passenger rail, and thought for sure I found it. I didn't, but when I went searching for more coins I hooked a fingernail on one of these, and the sound it made was mocking. The second I hit the road after I yanked them out I knew I could enjoy a silent commute at last.

If you have a buzz or rattle that won't go away, despite having spent precious time screwing around with that mystery of Teutonic revenge design that is the console lid, I encourage you to pry these off, destroy them for all time, and join me in saying a prayer to the gods of justice that the one who approved these parts loses all their teeth and goes blind before shitting themself to death.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Sweeeeeet. I get the gold star!!!! Now to check mine in the morning. Mine has gotten worse since the bfi stage 2 mounts went in.

Unstoppable

Car(s)
Golf MK7.5 1.4 TSI
TLC on the rear brake area today. New pads and rotors installed, scraped, wire brushed, and painted the dust shields with BBQ paint. Also added some 5mm spacers to make the rear a little more flush like the front.
Nice job, how did you get the discs so shiney. ?
S.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Checked the bolts on the RocEuro arm and got some time behind the wheel to get a better feel for the arm + transmission mount. I have to say the combo I have of BFI stage 1 mounts, Powerflex hybrid bushing and the RocEuro arm works great. I still have little bit of NVH in reverse and cold start, but that's really about it. NVH has calmed down A TON, especially with the AC. Really hard to tell a difference between AC being on or off now. It also got rid of the idle vibrations that would build up when you come to a stop. My wife noticed the difference right away and said it feels way better from the passenger seat. Shifts are really smooth now too (especially downshifts). I suspect that the new transmission mount vs OEM w/insert is helping with that though. Overall, I am really pleased with this combo.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Sunday Rice
CE9A5975-4B6F-4A92-BFD8-CE4A63CA237F.jpeg