GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
gotcha, its all adding up now. i need a meth kit along with an IC.

GTIChris

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
little update from me

I am at 2000 miles on my DTR setup and still running smooth. Did a couple of trips from NYC to Upstate. Planning on a trip to New Hampshire for Labor Day.

No complaints so far from me.. Maybe I should buy a dragy and see if that makes me complain? On the highways I still pull pass cars who want to play.
Oil temps never go above 220F when before it was not uncommon to go above 230 a bit. Its been HOT & Humid in NYC the last few weeks.

One note I have is that I when I upgraded the intercooler I also upgraded basically every pipe/hose connecting the turbo, intercooler and throttle body (charge pipes, turbo inlet hose, throttle body hose, etc). IE Intake (without lid) is the only other supporting mod.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 12.45.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 12.45.30 PM.png
    915.5 KB · Views: 60

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh yeah. That thing was on there before stage 2.

If anything, shows the important of an intercooler upgrade, not Canada weather.

For us southerners,

9c ambient = 48f
13c IAT = 55f

Vs my

41f ambient and 82f IAT.

Jesus.

tl:Dr; everyone needs an IC.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm not trying to poke the bear or anything, but are you aware that just like the turbos, there are known issues with the injectors on those early cars? One of our software engineers has a '15 A3, Stage 2 since new, around 50k miles on the car now. Last week, right in front of work, the car started misfiring and stumbling badly. One of the techs immediately checked it and only found misfire codes, like yours. After further diagnosis, it was determined that a fuel injector had stuck open, filling a cylinder with fuel... Fortunately for him, it was caught before it hydrolocked the cylinder, or else he would have needed an engine as well.

When ordering new injectors, it appears that there have been FOUR OR FIVE supersessions to the OEM injectors (depending on which engine) since 2015. So, he now has four new, updated injectors and a fresh oil change, because his old oil (which only had like 500 miles on it) was saturated with gasoline. Other people on this forum have also posted about the same issue, with stuck or failed injectors.

As a DTR owner ('19 GLI Autobahn with DQ381),
As you're likely aware, the 2019 cars switched over to a different injector design from continental vs. the pre-facelift Bosch part. These seem very prone to failure, especially with ethanol. Any chance you're aware of an aftermarket fix for this, besides regular inspection/replacement?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
As you're likely aware, the 2019 cars switched over to a different injector design from continental vs. the pre-facelift Bosch part. These seem very prone to failure, especially with ethanol. Any chance you're aware of an aftermarket fix for this, besides regular inspection/replacement?
Which are prone to failure, the continental ones?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't care about Canada, I just used that as an intro to show my stats. I have stats.

Bro, you don't need an intro. You got stats? Show your stats whenever you want.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
not anecdotal. happened to me and quite a few other '19+ owners I've talked to. the teflon seals at the end of the injector disintegrate or are burnt up. then you get a ton of misfires, same scenario he was describing.
How many failures have you come across on non ethanol users? 19 R here with ZERO likelihood anything other than 93. Should I be concerned?