Car(s)
7.5 GTI
replaced key fob battery...yay!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
replaced key fob battery...yay!

I do this thing, where my key fob battery will be dying, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have a spare, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have two spares, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have three spare, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Continue on until I have like 5 batteries in my glovebox.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I do this thing, where my key fob battery will be dying, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have a spare, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have two spares, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Then the next time my key fob battery starts to die, I'll forget I have three spare, so I'll order a replacement and go "I should order a spare along with it so I have it next time my battery dies". So I will, and I'll stick the spare in my glovebox.

Continue on until I have like 5 batteries in my glovebox.

and guess where my battery was? in my glovebox lol

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have a set of Rally Armor mud flaps on mine. I don’t drive through a lot of mud or gravel or anything, but I wanted to keep stuff from getting flung on to the car. Picked up black ones and think they work with the car pretty well.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have a set of Rally Armor mud flaps on mine. I don’t drive through a lot of mud or gravel or anything, but I wanted to keep stuff from getting flung on to the car. Picked up black ones and think they work with the car pretty well.
Same here....NOT red....just black.....SO much better than the hard plastic OEM ones

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Same here....NOT red....just black.....SO much better than the hard plastic OEM ones

But do they drag the ground like a dump truck?

EE84BD57-00F1-4BF9-B321-AEA6DB9145EB.jpeg
3EB3CBAD-6631-4AF4-9795-9F5540986264.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I agree. The black ones are fairly muted and the logo doesn't scream out or anything so they work. Any other color would be a no go.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
My black rally armors scrape driving into certain places and when i drove to VA a couple of
Weeks ago- i could Hear them when the road got a little bumpy

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I’m stock ride height and have had any issues with scraping.

Attachments

• BC097E63-44BB-424A-BD52-38D4BF8744E7.jpeg
    BC097E63-44BB-424A-BD52-38D4BF8744E7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yeah, that makes sense. The OEM are definitely more integrated. I have just heard stories over the years on various generations about how the OEM contact the paint and can get crud built up behind them. Not something a little PPF can't protect, I just like how these don't really touch the paint at all.

That’s understandable.

I decided that the scuffs if they surface, will go well with the rock chips, track and autocross bruises, and other random shit that happens.

Either style helped keep the amount of debris that was flung up, especially in the winter.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got an itch to run my roof rack, since it’s been years.

903CDBF8-1F13-4D4E-818E-CEE5E19AF17A.jpeg
036834D1-89A5-4A30-B929-4AAB3116C69A.jpeg

Also, because it’s been years I couldn’t find the tool they came with or the end caps for the feet. Just used a tamper proof T30 and tossed it in the door pocket for now. I’ll either buy a tool or swap to 12 point stainless hardware

mrtuminaro

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
NEED HELP!!! Driver’s window switch just stopped working. I drove to the store, tried to put my windows up with the drivers door window switch and nothing. The passenger switch still works. It’s supposed to rain today and need to get this window up immediately! I have the ground terminal disconnected hoping to clear whatever is going on. Any fixes will be appreciated.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
NEED HELP!!! Driver’s window switch just stopped working. I drove to the store, tried to put my windows up with the drivers door window switch and nothing. The passenger switch still works. It’s supposed to rain today and need to get this window up immediately! I have the ground terminal disconnected hoping to clear whatever is going on. Any fixes will be appreciated.
Can you get it up with your key?