GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Does anyone know if I will be able to program my spare key myself or will I need to get the dealer to knock that out?

Dealer. Unless you have a VAS5054, you can have it done remotely.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Thanks man

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Can anyone confirm if the bolts that come with the BFI transmission mount are stretch bolts? I know the OEM ones call for 60nm + 90° and the BFI install instructions just have the torque spec and nothing indicating an additional turn.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Can anyone confirm if the bolts that come with the BFI transmission mount are stretch bolts? I know the OEM ones call for 60nm + 90° and the BFI install instructions just have the torque spec and nothing indicating an additional turn.
From my reading BFI mounts do not come with stretch hardware and their hardware is reusable.

I could be wrong as that info is from the forums and not BFI themselves, but looking at the hardware I believe it's correct. Bolts look to be the same type as the dogbone and dogbone is reusable.

Coach Beard

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
From my reading BFI mounts do not come with stretch hardware and their hardware is reusable.

I could be wrong as that info is from the forums and not BFI themselves, but looking at the hardware I believe it's correct. Bolts look to be the same type as the dogbone and dogbone is reusable.
BFI just emailed me to confirm they are reusable bolts @DrFunkalupicus

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I have a Golf which is near as makes no difference.

That just seems excessively high.

Usually run 36 (which even that seems high) but I'll try it and see

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
sup guys,

would I be able to run the bolts from a 15mm spacer for a 10mm spacer?

I have 15 & 20 spacers atm and would like to drop 5mm up front & rear using the same bolts I have.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
sup guys,

would I be able to run the bolts from a 15mm spacer for a 10mm spacer?

I have 15 & 20 spacers atm and would like to drop 5mm up front & rear using the same bolts I have.
Yes. I have done this before and tested the fit before without the wheels and there was still plenty of clearance at the backs

Shams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
Just got a MK7 GTI, loving it and it came with a RacingLine intake and Racingline exhaust only. I'm not a car guy at all but I'm trying to learn more and will use this car to fine tune my knowledge and skills around one. My question is are the racingline products good enough to keep when upgrading for power or are there better upgrades I should be looking at?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Just got a MK7 GTI, loving it and it came with a RacingLine intake and Racingline exhaust only. I'm not a car guy at all but I'm trying to learn more and will use this car to fine tune my knowledge and skills around one. My question is are the racingline products good enough to keep when upgrading for power or are there better upgrades I should be looking at?

Welcome to the MK7 world.. leave the Racingline intake on the car , it’s fine.

GTIs don’t really benefit from cat back exhausts. The bigger upgrade is coming from changing out the downpipe. Highly recommend @GTI Jake for his.

Is the car tuned at all? Or just bolt on intake and exhaust. Manual or DSG?