GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I think the tranny went

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Redlining second gear, about to go into third, feel a grind. Get off in the exit. Gears are off. Neutral is where 1,3,5 should be, and 2,4,6 are where neutral is. Limp it home in second, thought it was the alignment, messed around with that, can't get it to go into the locking position with the little lever. Taking it to a shop tomorrow morning. Engine is good for what it's worth though. Any ideas on what it could be? If I'm getting a new tranny anything else to do while in there?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If you're going to need to drop the trans now would be a good time to get a LSD.

Any ideas yet on what caused this?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If you're going to need to drop the trans now would be a good time to get a LSD.

Any ideas yet on what caused this?
No clue, last few months it felt like it needed a shifter alignment.... but i never got around to it. I dont think ill get an lsd, i have the vaq, it's good enough. I wont make use of the lsd, i dont track it.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
oof, sorry Daks, I hope it’s not the tranny :-S
Only think I can think of while in there would be to install a fluidampr crank pulley. Or upgrade the clutch line?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
oof, sorry Daks, I hope it’s not the tranny :-S
Only think I can think of while in there would be to install a fluidampr crank pulley. Or upgrade the clutch line?
But the fluidampr is on the opposite side of the motor and isn't touched while dropping the trans 🤷
He's not tracking his car so I don't see a point for him to get a dogbox. Besides, DD a dogbox will wear those gears out faster.
Not to mention they're miserable to drive on the street lol

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
But the fluidampr is on the opposite side of the motor and isn't touched while dropping the trans 🤷
Omg…. That get to show how much I know about transmissions XD
1660654060200.gif

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Sounds like the shifter links skipped some teeth and came out of alignment.
It's at the car hospital now. I'm not understanding what you wrote. Do I need a new or rebuilt transmission with what you said?

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Damn...hopefully it's nothing too serious.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Sounds like the shifter links skipped some teeth and came out of alignment.
This is what happened to me when my shifter links skipped teeth after installing the Dieselgeek kit. Had to realign it and tighten it down properly and all was good to go. Luckily had the tools with me and did it off of the highway.