GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Got some studs to replace the ignition coil bolts and some washers to go along with them.
I swapped them out (and installed a ground kit) and after about 3 months I found them super loose (could turn by hand). Installed the original bolts back and so far so good. I think because of heat cycles the hole expands/contracts and caused the studs to become loose. The original bolts are not completely round so maybe they stay in better?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I swapped them out (and installed a ground kit) and after about 3 months I found them super loose (could turn by hand). Installed the original bolts back and so far so good. I think because of heat cycles the hole expands/contracts and caused the studs to become loose. The original bolts are not completely round so maybe they stay in better?
Interesting. I wonder if loctite would be fine for it.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Interesting. I wonder if loctite would be fine for it.
Should also add I put the bolts in when I started the tuning process for my turbo. Maybe the heat cycles from the 20+ runs caused it to become loose 🤷‍♂️

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Should also add I put the bolts in when I started the tuning process for my turbo. Maybe the heat cycles from the 20+ runs caused it to become loose 🤷‍♂️
I mean the hope was that they’d be secure enough to just keep the ground on.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I mean the hope was that they’d be secure enough to just keep the ground on.
Put them in and check in a couple weeks 👍

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Ended up grabbing a catch can and sway bar locally for 400 bucks Canadian, delivered. Can't beat that
IMG_20220815_123729.jpg

Shout out to @JerseyDrew77 for last minute shots of his engine bay about how this cc fit with the ie intake. And upgraded mounts.

Last edited:

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ended up grabbing a catch can and sway bar locally for 400 bucks Canadian, delivered. Can't beat that View attachment 258193

Shout out to @JerseyDrew77 for last minute shots of his engine bay about how this cc fit with the ie intake. And upgraded mounts.
You already know, but make sure you loctite the screws on the underside of the plate.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
1660589360558.png

You don't want these lil guys backing out and falling into your head.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Cause it’s a bad design that give a potential for the little screws to back out from the vibration (in your case extra ones that are undamped due to your flywheel not being a form of dampening) and guess where they land when they do fall out? It was something that would happen with the raceline plate too, but they updated it to have the bolts mount from the top

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Raceseng Circuit Sphere 100 shift knob to replace my Spherology. It sits close to stock height and is roughly the same shape. It is significantly lighter than the Spherology knob (191g lighter) but the additional length helps to offset the weight difference some.
331B1027-BC3A-47F6-B8FD-F88F8D51B061.jpeg