GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
And you removed it to go FMIC?
My CSK/Majesty did not fit right. I shaved the driver side peg, but it still didn't line up correctly. It pressed up against the coolant lines. I felt like it would eventually cut through. One of the lines actually have a "dent". But I've had it on since 17 with no issues. Temp actually drops a little in stop and go traffic (where I do most of my driving). Have not done any hard pulls yet.

*edit* Also I think I figured it out. I moved the passenger side horn and I think that is hitting the IC hose/foglight housing, guess I need to move it somewhere else.

Last edited:

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
20220811_181424.jpg

Uh. Wow. Inside of the left front is fuccccked.

20220811_181436.jpg

Back left isn't great either...
20220811_181501.jpg

Right front was cracked, inside wear but not as bad...

20220811_182245.jpg

Good thing the wheels are tires were all getting replaced.

Tire shop told me the back right was bent and that they rotated the bent wheel to the back. I didn't see any bend and I'm sus they did any rotation. I didn't rotate them again b/c I'd assumed the vibration I was getting would be worse b/c bent wheel but... Hm.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
got new tint installed, Xpel XR+ 35% Dealer applied tint started to bubble and lift.. I can clearly see out my back window again!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
View attachment 257949
Uh. Wow. Inside of the left front is fuccccked.

View attachment 257950

Back left isn't great either...
View attachment 257951
Right front was cracked, inside wear but not as bad...

View attachment 257952
Good thing the wheels are tires were all getting replaced.

Tire shop told me the back right was bent and that they rotated the bent wheel to the back. I didn't see any bend and I'm sus they did any rotation. I didn't rotate them again b/c I'd assumed the vibration I was getting would be worse b/c bent wheel but... Hm.
So alignment shop tomorrow right?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ayyyuuup. Nothing looked bent in the suspension.

More importantly.

I'm not taking it to the shop that told me the wheels were bent the last time I took it for an alignment.

Right, but take it somewhere and get an alignment is the point.

Doesn’t matter if nothing looks bent, your car is out of alignment if the tires wore like that.

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Right, but take it somewhere and get an alignment is the point.

Doesn’t matter if nothing looks bent, your car is out of alignment if the tires wore like that.
Alignment appointment at noon! Not interested in wrecking a brand new set of tires. I'm pissed that the firestone told me 'Your wheel is bent' instead of doing an alignment the last time I asked. (I'd hit a pothole). I'm thinking, looking at this wear, that they were full of shit and wanted to sell me new wheels. Oh well. The Nogoro's will be getting some cosmetic repairs and winter tires.

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
20220812_182348.jpg
20220812_170701.jpg

Motor/transnission mounts and plugs. Plug 1 (top) had some oil in the well, but not flooded.

Motor mount had some cracks but no leaks yet. Serpentine belt was fine but replaced anyway.

Next week is all the fluids except coolant (because the water pump was replaced 15k ago).

Had to add about a quarter inch of coolant to the bottle, oil level is still right on the nose.

First time I've done the plugs on this car so those plugs are at 69000mi.

Still need to install the mud flaps and rear swaybar.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Plugged in the mess of an RGB interior lighting harness I have. I wired in a temporary quick disconnect with Power, Ground and LIN bus just got this purpose.
PXL_20220812_134723590.jpg

You'll see I have a ton of lights connected, all with tape indicating where they "should" go once installed. Problem is I don't know what LIN group all of them belong to... some I know and have coded, so those are working already. So as time permits I'll build a spreadsheet/test different BCM coding changes and get them all working. The good thing about ambient light coding is that it is effective immediately, no need to cycle ignition or long reset infotainment for changes to show.
PXL_20220812_134729053.jpgPXL_20220812_134743266.MP.jpgPXL_20220812_134748366.jpg

Hopefully this video works, never uploaded anything before to YouTube.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Yi4LWE5HT9M?feature=share

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Replaced the passenger bi-xenon ballast.

Something weird I noticed is that the driver side headlight stays on when I start the car, but the passenger side turns off,

Attachments

• 75CE3140-C388-4618-8BF5-7CE9FC6F8723.jpeg
    75CE3140-C388-4618-8BF5-7CE9FC6F8723.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Swung by the dealership and finally ordered a spare key.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finally broke it at the track.

IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4047.jpg

The car felt amazing all day and then all the sudden shit the bed in the 4th session. My clutch dropped to the floor on an aggressive 2nd-3rd shift. I "shifted" back to neutral and coasted off the track.

I've owned my car for 5 years, 68,000 miles and ~15 track days so far. This is the first real issue I've ever had with the car and the only time It has ever left me stranded.

Anyway, AAA said it would be close to midnight before they could get someone out so I had to leave my car at the track. Ill have to go back to figure something out tomorrow.

Last edited: