GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
And it has a shelf life after which the glue sort of breaks down. But I still order the 5 rolls, then find something else to retrofit that will require wrapping a harness.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

I took mine on a road trip to the mountains in West Virginia and participated in a ham radio activity called Parks on the Air. Some of the parks are slightly remote. Two of the double-track roads denied my passage...

"You shall not pass!"

Just about anything larger would have made it though there. I didn't go up this one, either...

You may already know that I pack a refrigerator. Well, I brought a microwave for cooking lunches in the remote areas! :ROFLMAO:

The pruner was in case I encountered low-hanging tree branches. GROUND clearance turned out to be more of a problem. I could easily pass over this rock on the street. My ground clearance is around five inches, or whatever stock is with a load. But that diminishes quickly since the gravel in the tire tracks is packed more than at the center of the road. I hit this rock twice, but found it on the third trip since it was dark and my headlights cast a shadow around it. My ECS skid plates are great!

This primitive campground was at the end of a road (for me).

I didn't camp, but I did need the outhouse. I packed toilet tissue because I know some public restrooms have "issues." This pit toilet was well stocked. However, this city-boy never imagined how much mice must love toilet tissue. None of it was usable because it was riddled with holes. I guess mice use it for nesting?

Anyway, I visited these parks, six of which were done in one day...

Now I have about ten days to get the car cleaned-up before I take it to EuroFest in Maggie Valley. EVERYTHING is filthy...

I plan to show it as a communications exhibit. Perhaps I'll see you there!

Last edited:

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Thanks. I've thought about an extractor, but with the pit in our garage oil changes on our Beetle and Polo are so quick and easy. On my GTI it takes longer to remove the 14 bolts of the belly pan. Only 5 are easy accessible. I know 1st world problems...
An extractor might be easier than the access door overall. Everything on top of the engine and u can be done with about 5 minutes of active effort.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Left Munich this morning and stopped at the Wörrthersee for lunch. Not many GTIs around this time of a year.
68641CD1-A5DA-4F0A-A982-25955C6DC82C.jpeg

There’s enough ground clearance with the Eibach Golf R pro-kit springs to climb up the gravel roads towards a skiing resort in Slovenia.
A2B08B30-3B93-4605-9461-8E800A3FB49F.jpeg

E98B9084-EDD2-45A1-B896-90271C88FA07.jpeg

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
First mod! $25 DSG paddles off Urotuning. Awesome site and shipping is fast. Also grabbed Velt RS3 Coilpack+RS7 spark plugs.

IMG_20220808_135134.jpg

Currently staring at wheels and tires to prep for this upcoming winter. I feel like prices have gone nuts on wheels+tires, or maybe I just don't remember.

Looking at 225/45/17 or 235/45/17, and jeez.. feel like I paid a lot less for Conti WinterContacts in 2018 than they're asking for the VikingContact7 on Tirerack.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
First mod! $25 DSG paddles off Urotuning. Awesome site and shipping is fast. Also grabbed Velt RS3 Coilpack+RS7 spark plugs.

View attachment 257800

Currently staring at wheels and tires to prep for this upcoming winter. I feel like prices have gone nuts on wheels+tires, or maybe I just don't remember.

Looking at 225/45/17 or 235/45/17, and jeez.. feel like I paid a lot less for Conti WinterContacts in 2018 than they're asking for the VikingContact7 on Tirerack.
If I were you, I'd stay oem on the coil packs - Mk7's seem to have fine ones for well above stock power.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
If I were you, I'd stay oem on the coil packs - Mk7's seem to have fine ones for well above stock power.

Too late.. they'll be here Friday lol. I appreciate it though! I did read that the OEM packs and plugs were fine. I don't know, just bored and figured I'd try something else. Worst case, just go back to OEM.

Junk and waste of money.

Can't say I seen much that says they're junk. Unnecessary maybe, but junk? Meh.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Well that sucks. Can't say I seen any of those reports prior to placing the order.. but I'm also spending days on end reading reading reading to catch up on this platform.
Anything consumable like that if replacing you're better off ordering from FCP. Lifetime replacement warranty on coils if they fail.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Anything consumable like that if replacing you're better off ordering from FCP. Lifetime replacement warranty on coils if they fail.

I've seen a lot of talk about FCP. I'll keep them in mind next go around. I'd never heard of them in the Subaru community; seems kind of insane that you can do oil through them lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'd never heard of them in the Subaru community;

Given that their full name is FCP Euro, that's not shocking 🤣

If you want to do oil, make sure to pay with PayPal. They reimburse up to $30 of return shipping.

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Given that their full name is FCP Euro, that's not shocking 🤣

If you want to do oil, make sure to pay with PayPal. They reimburse up to $30 of return shipping.

Hah! They do stock 5W30, and plenty of guys were running 5W40 in their tuned/built motors. If they ever figure it out, I'm sure FCP will go out of business.. god forbid you didn't change your oil every 3000miles on a stock FA20 with stock turbo. 🤡