GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'd love to see your review on those Neiko bit sockets, I'd like to get some impact-rated hex sockets but I'm iffy on fitment -- I keep having allen keys round out heads, and it's really not a fun time.

I got that exact same set from Amazon last week but haven't been home to look at it. How do they look?

I like them. It's the same set I lost the T25 from, so they're good enough to buy a second set of 🤣

They're about half as tall as my other set of torx bits, which is what initially attracted me to them.

1659703604270.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The communal Dragy I bought, along with another set of radiator clips.

1659727754750.png

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have had a Dragy for like a year and a half and have yet to use it. I usually forget I have it until I’m digging in my center console for something. I think I am finally going to try it out this weekend after the I’m done mounting the things.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
If you're paying $1,500 to retrofit MIB II you are doing it very wrong. If you're less than a 5 hour drive away you can pay me $1,500. I will source the parts and drive to you, install the parts and have everything activated, then drive back home... with money left over.

For perspective, paying $1,500 now to retrofit MIB II is like paying $1,500 now for a 2018 MacBook.
$200 more and you can do mib2.5 with the 9.2” screen.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Got my personalized plates today after over a year of waiting.

Ordered them May of last year for my red 2021 gti. It gets totaled before they are delivered so I get the notice that my vin is no longer registered me please submit another car for assignment. I assign them to another 2021 gti I bought to replace it. Before they can send the plates I locate a golf r which is what I wanted when I bought the gti but couldn’t find any low mileage specimens and I buy it. Get the same notice submit the plate assignment to my golf r. Get the plates and they are misspelled. Go to dmv they reorder them. Wait 2.5 months. Coming up on my reg expiring and don’t feel like going back to dmv for a temp op permit. Contact the director of license operations at dmv explain the situation. They tell me the local office did not handle it properly they would expedite. Got them in 2.5 weeks after that contact. A mere 10 days before my reg expires and I would have had tags but no legal plate to put them on.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got my personalized plates today after over a year of waiting.

Ordered them May of last year for my red 2021 gti. It gets totaled before they are delivered so I get the notice that my vin is no longer registered me please submit another car for assignment. I assign them to another 2021 gti I bought to replace it. Before they can send the plates I locate a golf r which is what I wanted when I bought the gti but couldn’t find any low mileage specimens and I buy it. Get the same notice submit the plate assignment to my golf r. Get the plates and they are misspelled. Go to dmv they reorder them. Wait 2.5 months. Coming up on my reg expiring and don’t feel like going back to dmv for a temp op permit. Contact the director of license operations at dmv explain the situation. They tell me the local office did not handle it properly they would expedite. Got them in 2.5 weeks after that contact. A mere 10 days before my reg expires and I would have had tags but no legal plate to put them on.

No picture of the nearly unobtainable plate?