GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would like to raise the back of the driver's seat

RobC2017

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a long story behind this request... but I would like to raise the back of the driver's seat by an inch (25mm). My idea is to undo the two rear bolts attaching the runners to the car, insert a block of steel (with a hole drilled through for the bolt) under each runner and bolt it back together.

The only snag so far is that I need 2 bolts with the same threads, etc as the original bolt only it needs to be an inch (25mm) longer.

Any ideas where I could find a couple of bolts or what the existing bolt specs are (thread depth, pitch, etc)?

There aren’t any car custom shops in my area. So my options are limited.

Thanks

scrllock

Autocross Champion
There's a long story behind this request... but I would like to raise the back of the driver's seat by an inch (25mm). My idea is to undo the two rear bolts attaching the runners to the car, insert a block of steel (with a hole drilled through for the bolt) under each runner and bolt it back together.

The only snag so far is that I need 2 bolts with the same threads, etc as the original bolt only it needs to be an inch (25mm) longer.

Any ideas where I could find a couple of bolts or what the existing bolt specs are (thread depth, pitch, etc)?

There aren’t any car custom shops in my area. So my options are limited.

Thanks
remove the bolts from your car and take them to a hardware store, they usually have test nuts/bolts to check thread/pitch.

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
Did this on my daughters Jeep. Get Grade 8 bolts for safety. Wouldn’t want the bolts to snap during accident

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Maybe some blue loctite too