GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Did you find it/contact them?
No, I couldn't get the filters right to find that one. There sure are a lot on here though.

You know they're selling trash when a buy here, pay here place is advertising most of their cars as "cash only"

The "parts only" Audi/BMWs could be a good buy if you have a place to part them out.
Yea it's one of those trash lots, I actually spotted this one from the road and stopped by. Luckily on a weekend when no one was there.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
What engine/trans mounts should I get? I’ve seen BFI tossed around a lot, CPE as well, anyone have experience with both?
CPE is getting pretty poor reviews, stick with BFI and go with their transmission Mount INSERT that you need to install into the factory transmission Mount, not the new transmission Mount that’s an aftermarket design.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I love that ODOR FREE is literally the second thing they mentioned about it. Are smelly cars a problem in Kansas?
Not that I know of lol. I will say that the Frito Lay plant in town reeks pretty bad, but over all, Topeka isn't too smelly.

Last edited:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Can a tuner or obdeleven remap a button to be a one click launch control ? I can currently activate it whenever I want if I am goofing off or doing test and tune, but I always fumble something when it comes to real races.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
So at some point in time this weekend, I’m installing that damn BFI transmission mount (rocking the insert now) and the RocEuro arm. Would it be easier to do the arm before or after the mount? Not that I am expecting to do any major adjustments, just thinking it may be easier to shift things (if I have to) around before the transmission mount goes in

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So at some point in time this weekend, I’m installing that damn BFI transmission mount (rocking the insert now) and the RocEuro arm. Would it be easier to do the arm before or after the mount? Not that I am expecting to do any major adjustments, just thinking it may be easier to shift things (if I have to) around before the transmission mount goes in
doesn't matter. you don't need to lift the trans, just keep it in place.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I’m thinking I’m finally gunna tackle the TMD that’s been sitting in my garage. I know there is a 7mm hose clamp that is going to be a bitch to get to, but does anyone else have any tips Or tricks for this install?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I’m thinking I’m finally gunna tackle the TMD that’s been sitting in my garage. I know there is a 7mm hose clamp that is going to be a bitch to get to, but does anyone else have any tips Or tricks for this install?
It's pretty straightforward. Just remove your intake and loosen the charge pipe to give you some play with it. Having a long extension for your hex will make your life easier.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
It's pretty straightforward. Just remove your intake and loosen the charge pipe to give you some play with it. Having a long extension for your hex will make your life easier.
Thanks!