Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So... back to the motorcycles. 95 honda magna v45 750cc. Loved this thing!!
20150503_120850.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This thread makes me want an IS38. Just saying. I get the appeal and why APR is doing it, and I hope they get things fully sorted, but I can't imagine buying this turbo unless I had to.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This thread makes me want an IS38. Just saying. I get the appeal and why APR is doing it, and I hope they get things fully sorted, but I can't imagine buying this turbo unless I had to.

If you buy one now, it might be installed by next spring. Would be the perfect time to have it!

🤣

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Nah. Get a tpc20 for the type of driving you do. No one remembers your name when you get an is38.
I wouldn't touch any of the TPC stuff with a 10 ft pole after the luck guys have been having with the TPC770. Full duty to make 34psi, TPC won't refund, wants people to send their turbos back for "dyno testing."
The original TPC20 thread was also a shitshow.

IS38 you can at least be in a competitive class for time attack with here (grid life).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nah. Get a tpc20 for the type of driving you do. No one remembers your name when you get an is38.
Meh, it's cheap and I can buy at FCPeuro.

I drove a buddies with an IS38, and I can't imagine the car being able to put down much more power than that.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I wouldn't touch any of the TPC stuff with a 10 ft pole after the luck guys have been having with the TPC770. Full duty to make 34psi, TPC won't refund, wants people to send their turbos back for "dyno testing."
The original TPC20 thread was also a shitshow.

IS38 you can at least be in a competitive class for time attack with here (grid life).
Few guys have had good success with the 20 and 25 from what I've read.

I drove a buddies with a produce, and I can't imagine the car being able to put down much more power than that.
It can and it does.

But let's face it, you're just typing, you're not going to get an IS38.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion

scrllock

Autocross Champion

I drove a buddies with a produce, and I can't imagine the car being able to put down much more power than that.
what's a produce?

an is38 can push over 400 at the crank, which is still very high hp/liter compared to literally any production car. wish I'd never swapped mine out.