GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The world famous Dragy proving grounds in Karstakastahn....

278679754_10158558559711723_2312264842341758194_n.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
My dragstrip in Mexico has been full of cops for a while, I've been on the search for a new one ever since. This looks perfect, gonna have to look more in Karstakastahn.
Railway... First clue!

Zhars

Passed Driver's Ed
1/8th mile is probably more likely, unless I find a really good straight roads around here that is somewhat secluded for a full 1/4 mile. There is enough farms around here where it's a possibility, which also means some of the roads are pretty garbage. I'm not looking to end up in a tobacco field or blow past residential homes at 100+mph. I know of some places that have potential, just got to find the time to get there.
See if you can at least do 60-100.

MeatHammer

Car(s)
16 S3 & 17 Golf R
So... TLDR I read a few hundred pages, skimmed a lot, but has anyone actually tuned one of these on say a FBO/MPI/E on custom software setup yet?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm curious how this would look on the 1.8s but I think the slower spooling that I'm reading here would be accentuated by the smaller 1.8 without the exhaust cam variable lift the 2.0s get.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Probably 4k which is why I sold it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Does it really suffer from slow spool, or is that the way APR has the tune set? Stock downpipe maybe? I don't quite get why a small BB turbo would spool slowly.
A lot of things will impact spool. Tuning, lack of DP, yes those. Also design and components as well. I suspect the issue is probably the 9 blade turbine choice. But I'm no turbo guru.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
the percieved lag isn't THAT bad, but it is no is38 thats for sure.

the worst of it is when i need to, say, cut across a busy intersection. if i don't launch the car i become scared i'm not gonna make it across lol

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
the percieved lag isn't THAT bad, but it is no is38 thats for sure.

the worst of it is when i need to, say, cut across a busy intersection. if i don't launch the car i become scared i'm not gonna make it across lol
I can’t speak to your R with fueling upgrades. On my GTI it’s a hair faster than my stage 1 on the low end and gets reckless on the high end.

Yes, @Daks is faster, but I’m way ok with that.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Yeah but how much of that is gear/mode dependent?

I found that in D mode on my stage 1 R I feel the same way crossing traffic. I've learned the car scoots way faster from a stand still in S mode. I toggle regularly from D to S depending on anticipated acceleration.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I can’t speak to your R with fueling upgrades. On my GTI it’s a hair faster than my stage 1 on the low end and gets reckless on the high end.

Yes, @Daks is faster, but I’m way ok with that.
You know that I may actually be slower right? I'm just typing shit on the internet. But one thing I do know is that my torque curve is leaps and bounds better.