GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I just finished installing the BL revision of the PCV valve. It seems to be running better and feels a little peppier, but it might just be in my head.

We'll see if it fixes the oil consumption issue.

Is there a way to test the old PCV valve to see if it failed?

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed an IE V2 intercooler today with the help of a buddy. It took us 4.5-5 hours and went pretty smooth overall, except for one thing. We forgot to screw in the fender liners before going on a test drive so one of them came real loose and got destroyed... whoops :censored: Haven't driven it enough to notice a difference, but plan to get some logs and I also have a track day coming up on the 8th.

IMG_9099.JPG

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
@PerceivedShift was nice enough to install my catch can for me. Everything went smoothly except we had trouble getting the stock PCV hose off my APR turbo inlet pipe and ended up having to melt it off with a torch.

Attachments

• 405A3C2C-66AF-46BB-91FD-D249A7B10F67.jpg
    405A3C2C-66AF-46BB-91FD-D249A7B10F67.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 119
  • F23FCFEE-9C20-4863-8AA3-9D9DAD9D9667.jpg
    F23FCFEE-9C20-4863-8AA3-9D9DAD9D9667.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
You guys did a poor job cleaning the area with compressed air before taking it off. I can see the dirt you dumped in the engine.
In my line of work foreign material exclusion is a very important matter. I definitely apply the same practices when working on my car. Clean prior to opening and cover any open holes.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
What’s the dark blotches in the center of the hood down near the grill?
They were high spots from the coating, I likely went over a little late after it had started to cure. Wiped right off next morning thankfully. Impossible to do this on a red car in bright sun, which is why I used what I did. Forgiving.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
Torn calf muscle so it's hard to drive the darned car. So I'm reading about Walnut Shell Blasting, VW fuel additives and the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner just to cheer myself up :rolleyes:

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I didn't do this today (two weeks ago actually), but I installed StopTech Street pads, rotors, and changed out my fluid. After two weeks, I have to say that I really like the way they feel. Initial bite is good and not grabby and the brake pedal has a nice feel through it's entire range of travel and I haven't had any weird noises or vibrations or anything. . Overall, love the way these brakes feel.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Compression test, all cylinders around 185ish psi. Just ticked over 80k miles not long ago.
Nice, you have to correct for elevation...but I believe anything at or above 190 is considered within spec for "new" by VW.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R