GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

camel_golf

Car(s)
Mk7.5 R
Hey folks. Wondering why my throttle and boost values took a nose dive in 4th around 5700 rpm... Rest of the log looks clean from my perspective (thoughts?). I also threw a 3BEF code on this pull - is it possible that my boost safety was set too low? (It was set to 26 and I hit 26.8 but that was at 4900 rpm (significantly before my throttle and boost values dropped off. Any insight is appreciated thanks. (Car is a 2018 Golf R - stock besides JB4 - running E25 blend).

https://datazap.me/u/camelgolf/cust...-18-25-26-27-28&trim=0&tmin=14.00&tmax=119.29

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone explain the difference between map 2 and 3 for me?
More boost, requires higher octane. Don't even try without at least good 93 octane.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
So is 3 more powerful than 2, basically?

Map 3 was added at a later date, right? I swear map 2 used to be the quickest one without going custom
1st post in this thread.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Map2 and Map3 are basically the same map with a 1psi difference. If you start getting significant knock on Map3 you can back off to Map2 and try again. It's for dialing in optimum boost with varying fuel quality without going to Map 6.

The peak boost parameters for Maps 1-5 haven't changed much over the years. They've been updated, improved and optimized, and some functionality has been added, but the targets have pretty much stayed the same.

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Map2 and Map3 are basically the same map with a 1psi difference. If you start getting significant knock on Map3 you can back off to Map2 and try again. It's for dialing in optimum boost with varying fuel quality without going to Map 6.

The peak boost parameters for Maps 1-5 haven't changed much over the years. They've been updated, improved and optimized, and some functionality has been added, but the targets have pretty much stayed the same.
To the point, helpful, answered the question. Perfect, thanks!

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Right, I have read that, but thanks for being so little help. I'm wondering if there's any reason why 2 and 3 are worded differently.
They are worded differently. Says 3 has an extra 1 psi of boost. Thanks for having so little comprehension.

TURBOED1

I am in the process of buying a new to me (aka, used) JB4 w/ BT for my '17 GTI. The first thing I plan to do is make sure the firmware is up to date, and then reset all settings (map 6, and others?). I've tried searching various threads but haven't found a solid answer to this - Does the app have a "reset" button? Or do I have to reset all of the settings manually based off of the first post in this thread?