GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driven STU Setup

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ya'lls AutoX are like tracks. Ours are a serious of slaloms, kinks and hairpins with a Chicago box thrown in.

I'll post a video in STH when i get back home

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Ya'lls AutoX are like tracks. Ours are a serious of slaloms, kinks and hairpins with a Chicago box thrown in.

I'll post a video in STH when i get back home

I really don’t like the Sac chapter and how they do their courses. Too many cones, and too much chalk.

This is the other chapter of the San Francisco region sets up.

That San Fran region has three chapters, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Fresno. I only attend the first two, as well as the Reno region.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, that and the ECS can. Can has stayed dry all summer, not sure if there’s anything in the hose though.
I still recommend keeping the CC. At some point, all PCVs fail. Can will tell you when it starts to fail.

Also, I've seen new BL and BM PCV valves that are bad straight from the factory. It's hit or miss.

@mrmattolsen got a bad BL and it filled his CC just street driving. BM he had was better than the new BL he put on the car.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
What tire pressures have you settled on?

For that two day event, and the one the previous weekend I went with this:

Crows Landing - 6/18
1- 36f 40r
2- 37f 41r
3- 36f 41r
4- 37f 41r
5- 39f 42r

Crows Landing - 6/19
1- 38f 42r
2- 38f 42r
3- 38f 42r
4- 38f 42r
5- 38f 42r

Thunderhill - 6/25
1- 38f 42r
2- 38f 43r
3- 38f 43r
4- 38f 43r
5- 38f 43r

Thunderhill - 6/26
1 thru 5- 39f 43r

Both the Thunderhill days were about 100° and sunny.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
@krs are you running 255/40r17 Rt660s these days? Trying to pick between 255 and 245s on my R.

No, I’m on 255/35r18’s.

I considered the 255/40 but they were out of stock, and I’m impatient. At the time I bought the 18” wheels, I didn’t really know that most 17” wheels could fit either.

Really though I’m not sure I’m at the level where I’d know the difference in different aspect ratios on a course. I know the fresh tires felt better than the 245/40 v730’s I had, but I’m even hesitant to say which tire I liked better because they’re a little different size. I really liked the rt660’s on my last events though.

But from a fitment standpoint, I’ve had no rubbing with how my car is setup.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
A decent day weather wise. Temps were mid 70°’s, humid, thankfully due to some cloud cover. Afternoon sessions saw mid 90°’s though.

I coned my fastest time on my last run, but was bumped out of 1st by .200 by my only real competition in STU, a prepped 350z.

Good day overall, and was focus on trying to tighten up the gap on the cones.

Back again tomorrow.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
From what I'm seeing, 245 40 17 RT660's are same width as 255 40 17 V730's, but smaller diameter, which should help with acceleration and feel.

Or I could do 255 40 17 RT660's and hope they don't rub. Fat chance though.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Do it

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

Todays fastest run, did very well today, almost took too time, which is tough as this is definitely a big American muscle dominated club.

Had plenty of people wanting to talk, surprised at the cars abilities. Even had a few beers brought my way.

Ungodly hot though, pushing 100° when I was trying to swap tires over.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
From what I'm seeing, 245 40 17 RT660's are same width as 255 40 17 V730's, but smaller diameter, which should help with acceleration and feel.

Or I could do 255 40 17 RT660's and hope they don't rub. Fat chance though.
They’ll clearance themselves.

I think I could have done the 255/40 instead of the 255/35, but overall I’m happy with this size.