GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Be VERY careful with this installation. I’ve seen horror stories played out with hardware coming loose which caused broken transmission case lugs.

If you’re able I’d highly recommend drilling it for safety wire or at least use loctite & re check torque after a few drives.
Roger that. Have red loctite for the bolts and a fresh stretch bolt for the puck and I was going to mark the bolts after torquing and then check them out after a few days. I will look in to the safety wire too. Thanks!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My RocEuro arm finally came in! I am heading over to my buddy’s house tomorrow to install this and the BFI stage 1 transmission mount (currently have the stage 1 insert) and I am really looking forward to seeing how this feels combined with the Powerflex bushing. View attachment 256843
Yeah, don't get the bolts mixed up, not that you could on the roceuro but you could with stock. And yes, loctite. Blue is fine.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There was literally 3 people who had bolts back out and only 1 crack the case (sad dad dog)…. When you cannot confirm that they even properly tq’d hardware it’s a useless group of users to reference, there are plenty more cars that have run the arm and drive the car hard and it’s been fine. As long as you have stiff motor mounts paired with it, the vertical movement of the engine coordinates fine with the inherent flex that the steel stock has.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
My RocEuro arm finally came in! I am heading over to my buddy’s house tomorrow to install this and the BFI stage 1 transmission mount (currently have the stage 1 insert) and I am really looking forward to seeing how this feels combined with the Powerflex bushing. View attachment 256843
Look forward to your review. Looking to pick this up myself.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I picked this up off marketplace yesterday for $25 for just this install
Check the hardware that ataches the end links to the RSB periodically. I torqued mine to spec and the passenger side loosened up enough to make a noticeable noise.
I also have A Neuspeed rsb with Moog endlinks.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
There was literally 3 people who had bolts back out and only 1 crack the case (sad dad dog)…. When you cannot confirm that they even properly tq’d hardware it’s a useless group of users to reference, there are plenty more cars that have run the arm and drive the car hard and it’s been fine. As long as you have stiff motor mounts paired with it, the vertical movement of the engine coordinates fine with the inherent flex that the steel stock has.

Nothing wrong with that, just pointing out the worst case scenario & the solution to avoid it.

Same as I explain the importance of proper torque application to the inner axle bolts and encourage people not touch them for simple suspension installations where the outer end is the preferred method per the manual.

Worst case there is the washers that span two bolts each becoming a buzz saw if a bolt falls out. Not common, but it’s happened more than once and it’s completely avoidable. Not just this platform, a buddy of mine made that mistake on his Mk4 TDI (which is a black cloud of worst case scenarios, but that could be a full Vin Wiki of bad automotive experience lol).

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Speaking of torque, the two bolts that go in to the transmission are torqued to spec minus the stretch correct?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
gotta love amazon warehouse; when a customer returns, end up with steals like this

funny thing, I got a similar deal on "used" red stuff pads for my mk6 for like $32. when they arrived, they looked brand new. I also got some rotors for a similar price that I never ended up using/needing but just couldn't say no to the price.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 1.48.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 1.48.32 PM.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: