GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gt2260s issues after install

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
So after unplugging and scanning again, the code is still there and new codes for the unplugged wastegate connector are there.

Even after clearing the only remaining code was the p0638.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
damn

Not sure how you can have a bad TB after installing a turbo but I'm not sure what else there is. Maybe something flew in there and is stuck in between the blade and housing? Guess it's time for it to come off. perhaps just a quick startup and drive around the block with the tps and setpoint added to your log first. maybe that will shed some light

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
My guess is you have a boost leak, the noise is like a hose is about to pop completely (maybe a vacuum or something on the discharge because you are hitting good boost) and you have a code aiming towards the TB. Check the turbo discharge pipe.
I am also tuned by Matt and also have a 2260 on 16 R.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
damn

Not sure how you can have a bad TB after installing a turbo but I'm not sure what else there is. Maybe something flew in there and is stuck in between the blade and housing? Guess it's time for it to come off. perhaps just a quick startup and drive around the block with the tps and setpoint added to your log first. maybe that will shed some light
Just went around the block for the log and now have code p2565 boost control position sensor circuit high.

Code p0638 is still there.
My guess is you have a boost leak, the noise is like a hose is about to pop completely (maybe a vacuum or something on the discharge because you are hitting good boost) and you have a code aiming towards the TB. Check the turbo discharge pipe.
I am also tuned by Matt and also have a 2260 on 16 R.
Will check again for boost leaks

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
The code is for P0036 aka rear O2 sensor unplugged. OBD11 is probably not detecting/displaying it decoded because of the Cobb conROM box code.

20638​
P003600O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank1(1)Sensor 2)SV_ERR_SYM_LSH_LS_OC_1.20638

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
The code is for P0036 aka rear O2 sensor unplugged. OBD11 is probably not detecting/displaying it decoded because of the Cobb conROM box code.

20638​
P003600O2 Sensor Heater Contr. Circ.(Bank1(1)Sensor 2)SV_ERR_SYM_LSH_LS_OC_1.20638
Okay so perfect, that is a non-issue then. Now, I still have the sound from the posted video.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Stupid Cobb. Thanks Aaron.

Well, it either just makes that noise or the bearing will eat itself shortly. If it gets louder then it's definitely bad. I say keep going.
https://datazap.me/u/nomunic/ride-around-gt2260s?log=0&data=8-14

here's the ride around log, starting login while driving and idle at the end.

If the bearing is shot, I would love to get a new turbo from Garret through IE lol, this thing doesn't even have 5 miles on it yet.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Looks like its tracking perfectly.

Thats good to hear! I installed this turbo with a broken dominant hand so I can claim the "I could do that with one hand behind my back" when I have grandkids.

If anyone is local in CT and wants to help me out, that would be cool. I may just bring it to someone to run a leak test just in case.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Looks like its tracking perfectly.
Took a look at the downpipe side of the turbo again, since that’s where the noise was more prominent. Think I found my issue.

Attachments

• 50F03839-9D89-4A39-A73B-E08975A35E86.png
    50F03839-9D89-4A39-A73B-E08975A35E86.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 133

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Took a look at the downpipe side of the turbo again, since that’s where the noise was more prominent. Think I found my issue.
D12E4D5B-BE0B-41D7-8281-F4676734D906.jpeg

It looks like it ate up the sides of the housing as well

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7