GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Just in time to uh... Drive all season because Alabama.

Attachments

• PXL_20220727_010710990.jpg
    PXL_20220727_010710990.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 37

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Some generic black Amazon wheel studs. Might be able to use them if I ever get the 034 black wheel nuts I ordered arrived...

1658931013770.png

And some AliExpress goodies

1658931065429.png

1658931043050.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
IC going to be an office lawn ornament? 😜

I'm not @GTIfan99 🤣

It was supposed to get delivered last Friday, and I was all prepped to install it last Saturday. Then it got delayed. I have to check with the wife and see what our weekend holds, if we don't have plans, it might go in this Saturday.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I'm not @GTIfan99 🤣

It was supposed to get delivered last Friday, and I was all prepped to install it last Saturday. Then it got delayed. I have to check with the wife and see what our weekend holds, if we don't have plans, it might go in this Saturday.
You'll need around 6-8 hours.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Picked up a Raceseng Circuit Sphere shift knob. I swear I have shift knob ADD and can't stick with one model for more than a few months. My long-term goal is to make my own on the lathe but this checked a lot of boxes and I decided to give it a try.

Here are my initial impressions after a test fit:
  • The knob feels solid and well made. Assuming it's durable and lasts, I think the asking price is fair (~ $112 w/ 10% off coupon).
  • It's not a super sexy shape but feels very comfortable. I wanted something a little longer so my fingers don't touch the boot when resting my hand on the top of the shifter.
  • The knob sits about where the stock one does.
  • The offset mounting screws are larger than others I've seen and should hold well with some thread locker. Boot installation seems straightforward.
  • The Delrin looks decent and should do well in the 90+ temps in my area. The silver base and red circle don't look out of place in the GTIs interior.
  • On the kitchen scale the knob comes in at 257g, the adapter is 45g.
  • I'd love zero branding but this one is pretty subtle.
  • The packaging and presentation are well done making me feel like I was paying inflated prices to cover a nice box.

Shift knobs are very subjective but I'm pretty excited to do some miles with this.

Last edited:

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
mmmm...oil pan......

Attachments

• oilpan.jpg
    oilpan.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh I've got the glovebox brains in the box also... will DM ya. Damn @Cuzoe every day for showing me that 9.2" unicorn screen with the knob... 😭
My opinion is that if you're using the knob on the head unit you're doing it wrong anyway, lol. That stupid line for power should only ever be 100% vertical. I even went as far as stealing the tuning knob from the other side of one of my old screens so I actually had two knobs without the power symbol.

And I still only used the steering wheel controls because I know what Volkswagen did 😑. I also look for the unicorn screen on eBay every couple weeks. The only thing it really ever tells me is that prices for the 9.2 have come down. And every so often I go on Vortex to 🧐 that guy and see if he has posted a part out thread.