GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I finished the "front end" of my FT-857D installation. Here's a "kitchen sink" photo with almost everything:

This photo shows an additional monitor and my "dual-FT8" setup. I still need to find a home for my antenna rotator controller. I still have plenty of time before September's VHF contest.
So...... you a cop? 🤣🤣🤣

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I’ll never understand spending crazy money on a lightweight battery on a otherwise stock car weight reduction wise.

30# = 5 gallons of gas.

If your car still has an interior there’s still free or cheap weight savings to be had.
ftfy

I can understand getting a lightweight battery in some situations but none of those situations involve a car that is remotely street-legal anymore (at least in a state that would inspect it)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
ftfy

I can understand getting a lightweight battery in some situations but none of those situations involve a car that is remotely street-legal anymore (at least in a state that would inspect it)

The rear seat, tools & spare are by far the cheapest & free ways to drop 100#.

Having a local fabrication shop build DOM tubular crash bars front & rear would also be less than a $800 battery & eliminate approximately twice the weight

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
To save what 30lbs? That's crazy expensive if that's all it is.
Honestly, not the most expensive or most difficult way to shed weight, but I just don't think they're great for a daily.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Honestly, not the most expensive or most difficult way to shed weight, but I just don't think they're great for a daily.
Agreed. I went the opposite direction and did a group 48 AGM battery from FCP... Expensive, but it'll be the last battery I buy for this car.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I went with the group 48 AGM when my OEM battery was on it's last legs as well.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI