GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
What are everyone’s current thoughts on pairing a RocEuro arm with a Powerflex yellow hybrid bushing and BFI stage one motor and transmission mounts?

bajaDean

Car(s)
mk4s TDI, MK7 TDI
every one of my golf 7 switches had gone bad. I opened 3 single doors one and every one had deposits on them, cleaning one as u see re pic, took off the copper track it was that bad. But the reason for this post, i have a stubborn front passenger window, re not auto up and down. So i replaced the master drivers 4 switch unit. all worked great, or so i thought. Seems totally at random on each of my journeys the window auto works "if it wants to" , i've tried resetting etc, still doenst work, then next time i get in the car, even if its after going into supermarket or the next day, the auto bit works. any ideas?
on the side opposite of the PCB where the copper fingers are, opposite to the copper fingers as it looks like you did a good job cleaning those. do you own an ohm meter to measure resistance for the opposite side?. On each side of the round area that makes contact can you tell me the reading in ohms. Should be very low ohms. To me it looks like the conductive surface there to close the contact has separated out. As an engineer I have designed some switches before. If that surface does not have its shorting ability you could try to adhere aluminum foil with some sort of glue to that sides buttons, ideally a ultra thin layer of silicone to give it some "play" would be the adhesive.

Then I see from the before pictures there is a wet look like it does have water intrusion. If the aluminum foil does the trick, make sure you give the housing a thin silicones seal all around the two sides that need to seal it. Water and a potential voltage will cause accelerated corrosion.
I found a good link if the resistance is high. Just like when remote controls need fixing here is a link. search for how to fix a remote control.

https://dengarden.com/appliances/How-to-Repair-a-Keypad-or-Remote-Control-With-Kitchen-Foil

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What sealant is needed for the Rear Main Seal? RTV?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
This is kind of random though not a questioj, but plesant, so I thought I toss this out here. I ordered the Roceuro stabilizer on Friday and realized I had made any error with my email address, so I shot them a message on Facebook and had a reply and my issue sorted out within 10 minutes of messaging them, so that was pleasant surprise today.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Can anyone tell me what these fuels are? I’m clueless when it comes to the E-fuels. can I run a little bit in my APR stage 1 car?

6E75D1BA-5094-4186-ACD2-11416D1549DF.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Can anyone tell me what these fuels are? I’m clueless when it comes to the E-fuels. can I run a little bit in my APR stage 1 car?

View attachment 255812

Yellow, fuck yes. Blue, fuck no.
Yellow is E85. You cannot run that without a tune for it. You can put a few gallons of it in a regular tank to help with knock, but if you put a full tank of that in without a tune it will be no bueno.

Concur with Diggs higher education retort for blue

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Blue is "Regular88" which is just E15, vs. E10 of 'standard' gas. What am I missing that would warrant a "fuck no"? Just the lower overall octane? To me, "fuck no" would be something like diesel :ROFLMAO:

1658329794706.png