GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I even take mine when going on a road trip cause can't imagine changing a flat manually anymore. If i have room, will throw the quick jack in there too.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Got myself an M12 impact wrench to make swapping wheels easier, especially at the track. Having to do it in sweltering heat at Area 27 with only hand tools for wheels + brakes... never again.
View attachment 255383
Good choice, I've been eyeballing the Ryobi 1/2" impact for similar tasks because changing wheels and tires on two cars by hand in a parking lot is not a fun time anymore. Normally I'm a Dewalt guy, but I'd be way more pissed if something happened to the spendy yellow tools at an event.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Good choice, I've been eyeballing the Ryobi 1/2" impact for similar tasks because changing wheels and tires on two cars by hand in a parking lot is not a fun time anymore. Normally I'm a Dewalt guy, but I'd be way more pissed if something happened to the spendy yellow tools at an event.
The ryobi is much larger especially with the battery. The Milwaukee stubby is really really hard to beat. Add a ratchet also thank me later.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
The ryobi is much larger especially with the battery. The Milwaukee stubby is really really hard to beat. Add a ratchet also thank me later.

I am all for the higher end quality. But I was hesitant to buy something nice to take to an autocross event, or track, just in case some decided they needed it more than me.

I bought this little thing in the 12v stubby and have been pretty impressed so far.

https://amzn.to/3NK4CZT

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Oh definitely, if it were a shop-use purchase I'd be looking at the Milwaukee stuff (ignoring the fact that I'm already on the Dewalt platform, and really like their impact offerings).

This is specifically for mobile use, as it is I have the Ryobi inflator with me at events and it's very convenient to have.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Yeah a ratchet is in the cards but I need to replace my entire front BBK setup after destroying it last track session, $10k bill :S

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Intercooler. I should probably just bite the bullet and order the Sachs SRE too.

Attachments

• 20220716_161623.jpg
    20220716_161623.jpg
    804.3 KB · Views: 31

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
ordered the 10" android radio and since I will have the dash ripped open I also got the touch panel / auto-ac upgrade which is an oem part.
so now my entire interior will be all LCD screens and buttonless/knobless/gaugeless except for my steering wheels buttons. gonna look awesome, can't wait to sit in the cockpit of the finished interior.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ordered the 10" android radio and since I will have the dash ripped open I also got the touch panel / auto-ac upgrade which is an oem part.
so now my entire interior will be all LCD screens and buttonless/knobles/gaugeless except for my steering wheels buttons. gonna look awesome, can't wait to sit in the cockpit of the finished interior.

What part number do you get for the climatronic controls?

I'm getting there. I want to get rid of the the last two knobs too, but I'll probably eventually get the OEM 9.2" / MIB2.5 in. Then my car will pretty much have how the MK8 interior should have been...

20220717_125538.jpg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
What part number do you get for the climatronic controls?

I'm getting there. I want to get rid of the the last two knobs too, but I'll probably eventually get the OEM 9.2" / MIB2.5 in. Then my car will pretty much have how the MK8 interior should have been...

View attachment 255551
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800907062779.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5b0e38dadf0tv7&mp=1

this thing option 4 with wiring harness, heated seats only

the radio I got will be my first non-oem upgrade, however, I think it'll be worth it, a bigger screen is always a better thing and wireless CarPlay is a big addition for me so I can sell my carlinkit dongle now.
the infotainment/vw software is pretty useless, and most of the settings can be altered via Carista. my upgrade options were limited since I didn't have the cd player in the glove box and I didn't want to get that involved.

edit: this guys review picture is kind of what I am aiming

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What part number do you get for the climatronic controls?...
I won't quote myself but here's a link to one of my posts, there are touch panels from (EU?) Tiguan and Arteon that don't have the clean air button. If that's something you care about. You'll likely have an easier time coding and running basic settings on these units too.

Still have to get the trim from Ali I think, for Golf anyway.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/touch-panel-climatronic-retrofit.403599/post-7848435

I don't have climatronic but I am considering the half retrofit. I don't really care about dual zones, and I could probably fool the hvac with some resistors in place of the flap motors (with the help of a decade box) if I want a fault-free scan. Still automatically regulate temperature which would be nice and no clean air button from other markets.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800907062779.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5b0e38dadf0tv7&mp=1

this thing option 4 with wiring harness, heated seats only

the radio I got will be my first non-oem upgrade, however, I think it'll be worth it, a bigger screen is always a better thing and wireless CarPlay is a big addition for me so I can sell my carlinkit dongle now.
the infotainment/vw software is pretty useless, and most of the settings can be altered via Carista. my upgrade options were limited since I didn't have the cd player in the glove box and I didn't want to get that involved.

edit: this guys review picture is kind of what I am aiming

Thanks. Yeah, that's the same one I have.

I won't quote myself but here's a link to one of my posts, there are touch panels from (EU?) Tiguan and Arteon that don't have the clean air button. If that's something you care about. You'll likely have an easier time coding and running basic settings on these units too.

Still have to get the trim from Ali I think, for Golf anyway.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/touch-panel-climatronic-retrofit.403599/post-7848435

I don't have climatronic but I am considering the half retrofit. I don't really care about dual zones, and I could probably fool the hvac with some resistors in place of the flap motors (with the help of a decade box) if I want a fault-free scan. Still automatically regulate temperature which would be nice and no clean air button from other markets.

Thanks. That's what I was entertaining the idea of doing, getting rid of the clean air button. I've seen some with 'Sync' in it's place, and some with 'Max A/C'. Getting rid of the button isn't worth $300 to me 🤣

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Acadia18 definitely not worth $300. But for people looking to pick up a panel I think it's the proper choice 😂. Still more expensive than getting a panel from Ali.

For what it's worth I've had the same EU panel on my watch list from a few different sellers on eBay. At various times they've all offered 20 to 30% off, down to 185 shipped. And they don't seem to move, they're all listed or best offer, could always lowball them 😬.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Got a new torque wrench from Amazon. I’ve had pretty good luck with this brand in the past. Their stuff strikes a good balance between the pricier home mechanic stuff and cheap junk from Harbor Freight.
0C3CD690-91FD-4CE4-97F0-BB3358BF7B34.jpeg