Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
1657716759244.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
HAHA!

Thanks! I'm not a MARS operator... just a general ol' ham. ;)

Funny, but almost accurate. I have more coming. It's about to get nuts on my rooftop. :oops:

I'll invite them to orbit and watch the drama from an entertaining distance. :coffee: <<< No popcorn emoji; so, this will have to do.

I went out last night for some early photos of the "Buck Moon."

The super moon is actually tonight when it reaches perigee. But our area is expecting clouds and thunderstorms. There may be another photo opportunity tomorrow night, but last night was just about perfect. With a bit of photo editing, the super moon becomes a "super-duper moon." :p

ah yes.....I meant HAM....both my parents were HAM....my whole downstairs growing up was a TON of equipment lol.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Just put two pairs of these babies from Focal. Front and back installs with tweeters. They sound amazing! I don't even need a subwoofer. Base is tight and voices clear. Several rolls of sound suppression went in as well; doors, panels and floor boards. Very happy with the results.
View attachment 255180
Do you have Fender or base stereo?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Do you have Fender or base stereo?

For 2020, only Autobahn's got the Fender audio according to the order guide. So I'd assume base stereo.

chrislane31

Passed Driver's Ed
Well finally did some coilovers on the TDI, ST XAs and I have them set about 3/4 stiff. Really liking the Fifteen52 Apex wheels on the drivers side. The Frosted Graphite finish is like a matte gunmetal so hard to capture in pics. Getting some good pics hopefully tomorrow. I am liking the Chicane's more than I thought I would.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
spin those collars down! You've got pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of room for more drop! sidenote.....I'm on team driver's side wheel

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes I am. You can never see both sides at the same time and they are the same specs. I also work for them.

I've never heard something so right, yet so wrong, at the same time.

You're 100% correct that it doesn't really matter, since you can't see both sides at the same time, no matter what you do. But it still just feels so wrong for some reason.

Team drivers side as well. Someone once said that there's nothing more boring than silver wheels on a white car, and I think it's true.

chrislane31

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never heard something so right, yet so wrong, at the same time.

You're 100% correct that it doesn't really matter, since you can't see both sides at the same time, no matter what you do. But it still just feels so wrong for some reason.

Team drivers side as well. Someone once said that there's nothing more boring than silver wheels on a white car, and I think it's true.
I would have rather had something different than silver. But did not want to do black and not a fan of gold at all so silver it was. I may refinish them in a gunmetal. But they will probably be temporary until the new 18" Flow Form RSR Holeshots are ready and then do Magnesium Gray.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I loved my 03SDM wheels, but the silver never sat right with me when I had them on. Stormtrooper mode looks soooooo much betta