GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I spot a can of Kroil, I swear that stuff is voodoo black magic in a can. I've removed nuts and bolts that looked like lumps of rust. Leaves the garage stinking to high hell for a day or two, but that's how you know it's good stuff :)

My absolute biggest rule when it comes to disassembly be it aircraft or automotive is Kroil everything and let it soak 45 minutes minimum before starting!

It’s amazing the stuff you can save with it!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Definitely FMIC weather, and the GLI has been spoiling me with vented seats.

Thinking about powder coating the Audi wheels on both cars, so I’m open to suggestions on what’ll look good with Pure Grey.

Definitely bronze for my cars set, but the wife hates “gold” wheels so nothing in that color family for hers.

18583D87-83EB-41DA-BD74-6F1E2652174E.jpeg

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R

Thinking about powder coating the Audi wheels on both cars, so I’m open to suggestions on what’ll look good with Pure Grey.

Definitely bronze for my cars set, but the wife hates “gold” wheels so nothing in that color family for hers.
Anthracite or a Gun Metal on the GLI 👍

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Installed a 3" catted down pipe from arm, car sounds subtle but healthy, fixed my fog light wiring, and bought these: get them jul12th!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-173000_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-173000_eBay.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 35

dlhoovler

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Today I was thankful I haven't lowered it.

20220624_171956~01.jpg

Neighborhood street resurfacing project. Hard to tell in the pic without a banana for scale, but that's a 2"+ lip on the curb. And based on similar city projects around, it'll be this way for the next 2-3 months. Hopefully not coming soon... a "what came in the mail today" post about replacements for bent wheels.

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

View attachment 253437
Prismatic bronze chrome with added metallic flake 😍

IMG_2807.PNG
IMG_2806.PNG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
installed osram headlights.. pretty sure I put the car back together perfectly but now I got front assist not available. hoping it goes away in 100 miles but I have bad feeling it won't. there may have been a time I tested the lights functionality by reconnecting the battery for a second without the front assist connected just to make sure they work before I put the car back together because I didn't want to put the car back together and realize there was an issue with the lights. I guess I didn't realize I should have reconnected the front assist at the same time despite the grill not being attached. honestly, who would think to do that? nobody. so I dont blame myself. this is really frustrating though. I hope obdeleven can clear this code, which I was going to order anyway. my car is under warranty but I do not want to bring it to the dealership and they will obviously figure out that I did this when they see my headlights and put 2+2 together and try to charge me due to negligence.