GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's very gracious of you, thanks. No worries, you basically know where I live.You bought my Bull-x downpipe after I sold my GTI. I'll be sure to send it to its rightful owner when done. We don't need the following

Oh shit, you're right! I've bought and sold too many parts here to keep track of everything :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jonny, send it up north. I'll do a 60-130. I don't do 0-60.

I believe you call it 100 - 200 up there. But can do.

I won't make @timmyturbo pay to send it to Canada. So once I get it back from him, I'll grab some mostly stock EQT Stage 1 R times to throw in the ring and see how they compare. Then I'll send up to America's Hat.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn this Dragy's gonna be a slut.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nah - Timmy will ship, he wants to put me in my place.

That's up to him. If he wants to ship it up to the great white north, that's fine by me. If not, he can ship it back to me one state over, and I'll get it to you.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Can anyone chime in before I buy? I have an aftermarket dp and am looking to upgrade the turbo with stock fueling, would this be the way to go or should I look into the vortex turbos?

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Can anyone chime in before I buy? I have an aftermarket dp and am looking to upgrade the turbo with stock fueling, would this be the way to go or should I look into the vortex turbos?
I think the true benefit of this is if you want to stay emissions compliant - otherwise the other options will provide more power, better response, more options.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah as @manu97 noted, this is really a better option for someone trying to be emissions complaint and has went down the rabbit hole enough to be backtracking by doing this kit.

Seeing from your sig you already have the car tuned Via access-port also, so the benefit/savings of this kits goes down with that as well with it being a all in one option.

Honesty though… if you’re not willing to at minimum go with upgrading the HPFP you really shouldn’t be entering hybrid territory and being in a situation where you’re taxing your stock fueling and running on the edge of its ability as well as under utilizing the turbo you just paid big $$ for. You’re just adding a less responsive turbo for some extra bragging numbers of power in that case.

If you’re not willing to dive into the fueling world you’re better off just getting a is38 with the eqt OTS tune, you’ll have slightly lower numbers on paper but you’ll have a more responsive fun street car with a better dollars per smiles return than a under utilized hybrid setup

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R