GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I'm honestly not sure what the process is. I haven't had emissions on a vehicle I've owned for probably 15 years at this point. What I do recall is that they should run and set normally, but you could also run the readiness test procedures with a vag-com so the test conditions would trigger and either pass/fail.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm honestly not sure what the process is. I haven't had emissions on a vehicle I've owned for probably 15 years at this point. What I do recall is that they should run and set normally, but you could also run the readiness test procedures with a vag-com so the test conditions would trigger and either pass/fail.

Oooof.. If I lived in a non inspection state... Mmm Mmm.. Hood dump..

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Check the readiness screen. Should be all 0's.
I'll have to clear everything and try the procedure again. I may have had something goofy happen. I guess regardless NY allows one monitor to be not ready so I'd still pass. Happy about that!

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Don't be scared. Just do it.
1655914210918.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bro wheres your hood

tigeo

Autocross Champion
While I appreciate the quick turn around on looking for a solution, what do those without vcds do? I have the obdeleven device/app like @riceburner, which doesn't seem to support this process. There are probably some more hands off users who wouldn't even know these monitors aren't setting.
If VCDS can do it, so can OBDEleven.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
If VCDS can do it, so can OBDEleven.
Well I stand corrected. I just wasn't going through the process correctly. I sorted it out. For @riceburner In OBDeleven just ignore the "automatic test sequence not available". Run basic settings test so it shows active. While in park, foot on brake, foot on the accelerator to the floor, the rpms will cycle to different levels, then it ends. Probably a minute or two test. Checked monitors and all are ready now minus monitoring of fuel system. So good to go. Thanks for kicking me in the ass to look at it again.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Well I stand corrected. I just wasn't going through the process correctly. I sorted it out. For @riceburner In OBDeleven just ignore the "automatic test sequence not available". Run basic settings test so it shows active. While in park, foot on brake, foot on the accelerator to the floor, the rpms will cycle to different levels, then it ends. Probably a minute or two test. Checked monitors and all are ready now minus monitoring of fuel system. So good to go. Thanks for kicking me in the ass to look at it again.
Still kind of bothers me the fuel system monitor doesn't set. But its consistent to my results, which makes me think this is an issue for people with the DTR+fueling kit.

Arin I noticed the picture you posted had a secondary air injection monitor, us R/S3 folk don't have that. I'm guessing those monitors are on a car with a DTR setup without the fueling additions. Can you confirm if there's a way to have the fuel monitor set on a S3/R platform with fueling additions?

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
thanks for the tips, timmyturbo! will give that a shot

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Still kind of bothers me the fuel system monitor doesn't set. I wonder if this is an issue for people with the DTR+fueling kit?
kind of makes me wonder if that wiring instruction mistake in the directions for the LPFP was actually supposed to be the other way around

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
kind of makes me wonder if that wiring instruction mistake in the directions for the LPFP was actually supposed to be the other way around
No, we didn't do anything wrong, we followed the instructions as they were written. I have to stop being so dismissive. I think the fuel monitor IS an issue on S3/R models with the Fueling+ DTR kits. I think Arin got everything to set on a car without LFPF&HPFP additions, which makes sense since the fuel system hasn't been modified. Technically it's not a problem in states that allow one monitor not to be set, but it can be a problem in states that are stricter and require no monitors to be "not ready".

Arin, I'm willing to help run this down to ground if you'd like.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
No, we didn't do anything wrong, we followed the instructions as they were written. I have to stop being so dismissive. I think the fuel monitor IS an issue on S3/R models with the Fueling+ DTR kits. I think Arin got everything to set on a car without LFPF&HPFP additions, which makes sense since the fuel system hasn't been modified. Technically it's not a problem in states that allow one monitor not to be set, but it can be a problem in states that are stricter and require no monitors to be "not ready".

Arin, I'm willing to help run this down to ground if you'd like.
To really add to the confusion I don't have the additional fueling, just the base kit. Figured I would see how this kit/tune was before dropping the additional $$ on the fueling. Wasn't a big enough jump in tq/hp on straight 93 when adding hpfp/lpfp for me at the time . E85 isn't readily available near me.