GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I felt at my worst I ever had and pissing purple for 3 days, my wife was like shake it off. I drove my ass to urgent care and the dr cursed me out because he found blood in my urine and told me to go straight to the ER. They took right in and ran some tests. Within an hour I was admitted and my wife walked in almost half crying. I just looked at her and said, "Just shake it off, huh?"

It's not like the younger days when you can walk it off and be good. Now you break, and you stay broken for a minute. I consider myself fortunate though at the soon to be age of 43 if I didn't break anything after that fall last night.
Age 25

How did you hurt yourself? Mountain biking, went of 10 foot drop into rock garden. Got up and rode rest of day. Felt better next day.

Age 53

How did you hurt yourself. I got out of a chair wrong, tweaked my back, haven't been able to walk right for a week.

True story bro.

Last edited:

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Age 25

How did you hurt yourself? Mountain biking, went of 10 foot drop into rock garden. Got up and rode rest of day. Felt better next day.

Age 53

How did you hurt yourself. I got out of a chair wrong, tweaked my back, haven't been able to walk right for a week.

True story bro.
I don't relate to this yet, as I retired from the Army at age 48 and I was still competing with kids less than 1/2 my age... but I am sure it will catch up. I took my daughter for a volleyball club practice (the coach wanted to see where she was before having her do the try out for the club) and they decided to bring the parents in to play a scrimmage... I played in high school and a few brigade sized tournaments in the Army so I decided to show off a little, my wife was telling me to take it easy, that I wasn't 20 anymore. Thankfully other than a scraped knee (I didn't have knee pads and decided to slide to do a pass) I was fine the next day. I thought I was going to be hurting... I did noticed that my range of motion in my legs and arms was definitely decreased, so I think I see a few yoga sessions in the near future.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Got my cf fuel door and my cf air bag cover as well today

Attachments

• 20220608_202936.jpg
    20220608_202936.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 20220608_203020.jpg
    20220608_203020.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nope... I already have that letting on my car 🤣. The lettering I bought is Mk8 style. It's a different font and bigger size, for the middle of the hatch, under the emblem.

I can buy it in GTI, GTD or GOLF form. Of course, no Mk8 Golf or GTD on thid side of the water. And even elsewhere a diesel Golf would still get GOLF on the hatch. I want TDI on my hatch so....

Getting a set of lettering for GTI and one for GTD.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
We'll see you in the procrastination thread