GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake bleed question. Newb here.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Erwin guide for the 1.8T. Pre-bleed, which I'd have to look up but assume is low pressure at the top. Standard below. They have a post bleed procedure if you still have soft pedal I can post if needed:
View attachment 249229
If you could post that procedure that would be great. Dealing with a soft pedal after the last service in wife’s car. Would rather bleed myself and if still a soft pedal would do that procedure before taking it back to the dealer.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If you could post that procedure that would be great. Dealing with a soft pedal after the last service in wife’s car. Would rather bleed myself and if still a soft pedal would do that procedure before taking it back to the dealer.
6.4 Hydraulic System, Post-Bleeding Perform a post-bleeding when: ♦ The brake pedal travel is too long, or the so-called soft brake pedal A second technician is required during the post-bleeding. – Connect the -VAS5234- – Press brake pedal forcefully and hold. – Open bleeder valve at brake caliper. – Press brake pedal down onto stop. – Close bleeder valve with pedal depressed. – Release brake pedal slowly. Note This bleeding procedure must be performed five times per brake caliper.

Then test drive with at least one ABS activation.

I post the guide page later when I can get to my pc.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Forgot about this thread. Just wanted to drop back in and say thanks!...

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Another question.. I'm doing the Macan caliper swap this Friday. I have all the parts and power bleeder lined up. Is the 30psi per caliper, or does it need to be maintained throughout the whole process? Or is the 30psi only required to flush out the ABS and use a lower psi for each caliper?

I hope I'm making sense here..

Thanks again all...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Another question.. I'm doing the Macan caliper swap this Friday. I have all the parts and power bleeder lined up. Is the 30psi per caliper, or does it need to be maintained throughout the whole process? Or is the 30psi only required to flush out the ABS and use a lower psi for each caliper?

I hope I'm making sense here..

Thanks again all...
Before removing the old calipers, lodge a 2 x 4 between the seat and brake pedal to keep it depressed while you are swapping the calipers. This will help prevent fluid from going everywhere and reduce the amount of air introduced into the system.

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Before removing the old calipers, lodge a 2 x 4 between the side and brake pedal to keep it depressed while you are swapping the calipers. This will help prevent fluid from going everywhere and reduce the amount of air introduced into the system.

Thanks.. Will definitely do that. What about my psi question? Is the 30 psi per caliper?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Do i fill up the power bleeder with the same 1.5L of brake fluid and set it to 30 psi for post-bleeding?
Yes.

The Post bleed is essentially the old school 2 mechanic way of bleeding brakes just slightly modified. Pressurize the power bleeder like normal. Then press the brake as far as it will go and hold, open the bleed valve, push brake pedal to the floor. Close bleed valve and release so the caliper can return under vacuum and hopefully pull in nothing but fresh fluid.