GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Zhars

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel like ODB11 is actually pretty decent for logging, much better then VCDS. In some WOT logs from VCDS it only had 3 data points for the entire pull. Can't really see much with that sort of resolution.
Try enabling turbo mode in VCDS. Should provide higher sampling rate. Can try doing a 3rd gear pull on street vs track. Check for timing retard

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Try enabling turbo mode in VCDS. Should provide higher sampling rate. Can try doing a 3rd gear pull on street vs track. Check for timing retard
I tried that actually, and even messed with the sampling parameters. Nothing seemed to help unfortunately. The turbo mode didn't work because it said my interface wasn't supported. My cable might be an older version (got it used at least 8 years ago)

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
The only half decent data-logging device seems to be Cobb AP. Maybe some of the open source modules are good, though I have zero experience with those. VCDS can be ok, but who wants to cart around a laptop all the time, especially at the track?

I can't believe after all these years APR still hasn't released at least a read-only data-logging device which doesn't depend on a cell phone and unreliable bluetooth connection.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
1654192254072.png

Man this thread is dead today.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
this oughta help. look at the 1/8 times and MPH for the golf r stage 1 tune. looks familiar to the runs you had the other day
1654193594080.png

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
this oughta help. look at the 1/8 times and MPH for the golf r stage 1 tune. looks familiar to the runs you had the other day
View attachment 251183
Pretty much identical..
1654194249680.png

I really don't think I'm crazy and there's definitely something weird going on. A stage 1 car according to their dyno graph on 93 has around 340whp. So if I'm running times and traps equivalent to that.. is it really killing almost 60whp up top if my IAT's are slightly higher? Hopefully with some dragy data and actual logs APR can help me sort it out, and benefit everyone.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Well I’m getting the version 1.3 ECU update tomorrow morning and the weather looks PERFECT for the track tomorrow night 😁
Please trap more mph in the 1/8th then me so I feel better about something not being quite right on my car.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Please trap more mph in the 1/8th then me so I feel better about something not being quite right on my car.
I mean with the 2.3-4 60’ I’m anticipating I bet I’ll trap higher than you easily :ROFLMAO:

(open diff goes brrrrr, car… doesn’t)

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Pretty much identical..
View attachment 251184

I really don't think I'm crazy and there's definitely something weird going on. A stage 1 car according to their dyno graph on 93 has around 340whp. So if I'm running times and traps equivalent to that.. is it really killing almost 60whp up top if my IAT's are slightly higher? Hopefully with some dragy data and actual logs APR can help me sort it out, and benefit everyone.
Because of the shifted powerband I would expect more of a difference on the back half. 1/8 mile is where the R stage 2 shines, awd and lots of torque.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Because of the shifted powerband I would expect more of a difference on the back half. 1/8 mile is where the R stage 2 shines, awd and lots of torque.
Yes and no. Yes, it should gain on the back half, no I should still see a difference between a stage 1 tune and the DTR in the 1/8th. Especially in trap speed where this turbo theoretically starts picking up speed up top. My car falls on its face after 80. @audia3 posted a video earlier, and his a3 with the dtr turbo only kit without fueling accelerates faster from 40 to 100 then my car did in 55 degree weather. How does that make sense?

Last edited:

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
Yes and no. Yes, it should gain on the back half, no I should still see a difference between a stage 1 tune and the DTR in the 1/8th. Especially in trap speed where this turbo theoretically starts picking up speed up top. My car falls on its face after 80. @audia3 posted a video earlier, and his a3 with the dtr turbo only kit without fueling accelerates faster from 40 to 100 then my car did in 55 degree weather. How does that make sense?
Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 25

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
I tried to overlay the stage 1 graph (in yellow) APR posted on the DTR graph (in purple) the best I could. So you're all telling me, these two cars will run the same exact time AND TRAP in the 1/8th? Really?
1654215103708.png