GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
One time during winter I was in a line at the self wash and it was pretty clear everyone was there just to wash the salt off quick.

Of course no, here comes Mr. 15 year old Ford Truck. Who then proceeds to not only use 2 rounds of foaming brush but he had the audacity to start drying the car while still in the stall.

He got really surprised when I honked the horn during the drying phase. I guess he somehow didn't see that the queue was 8 cars deep now cause he jumped in the truck and moved it out quick.

Some people.
Or those people who are in no freaking hurry to get through an intersection at a short light cycle. You don't see the 15 cars behind you? Maybe they'd like to get through the light this cycle too, so you should accelerate to more than 5mph in the intersection.

Also, anyone on their phone at a red light that turns green. My old standard was 3 seconds, then a short honk. Now I just assume they're on their phone (usually are) and lay on it after a "one one thousand" count. Get off my lawn.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On my WFH day I have gone out at "lunch" and bought 15 bags of concrete, a wheelbarrow and other assortments. Also fuck people who go to self-op car washes that have credit card machines on a few stalls and block it when vaccuming while all the other slots are open. I cut around the guy and went into the stall. He saw me, huirried up and finished whatever the fuck he was doing on his hootie while blasting mumble rap and approached me. I laughed, told him to pound sand and finished in 4 minutes, as expected. All I needed was to blast muid off my truck. Meanwhile I had already waited 10 minutes for this kid. People are so unaware of their surrounding.

"I said I get more done working from home.

I never said it was work."

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Or those people who are in no freaking hurry to get through an intersection at a short light cycle. You don't see the 15 cars behind you? Maybe they'd like to get through the light this cycle too, so you should accelerate to more than 5mph in the intersection.

Also, anyone on their phone at a red light that turns green. My old standard was 3 seconds, then a short honk. Now I just assume they're on their phone (usually are) and lay on it after a "one one thousand" count. Get off my lawn.
Sometimes if it's a longer light I wouldn't keep my car my car in gear so i can take my foot off the clutch. This mean when it turns green I need to take a second to go back into 1st. If someone honks at me within this 1 second window, believe me my car isn't going past 20 mph for the next two blocks while you're stuck behind.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Sometimes if it's a longer light I wouldn't keep my car my car in gear so i can take my foot off the clutch. This mean when it turns green I need to take a second to go back into 1st. If someone honks at me within this 1 second window, believe me my car isn't going past 20 mph for the next two blocks while you're stuck behind.
Sounds like an excuse for being slow to me. 😉

On the off chance I'm actually behind someone in a manual, I would see the brake lights go off and spare you my wrath.

Edit: you should be in neutral at most lights. Even if it's short, don't sit with the clutch depressed. I still pull away from lights before most cars, even having to shift before going.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Speaking of going 20mph hows the clutch break in going

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I had this lady piss me off so much about a month ago. I can't stand how nobody owns up to their mistake when they're driving. If you fuck up and aren't in the correct lane or are about to miss your turn then just miss the fucking turn. She was like the 2nd person in the lane to take a left turn. The light for the left turns green. She puts on her right blinker and just sits there. The entire left turn lane had to sit there for 2 light cycles because some Karen cunt didn't want to go out of her way.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Speaking of going 20mph hows the clutch break in going
I crossed over 500 miles, everything is buttery smooth except for 6th gear. I'm at the "still taking it easy but I'll do a 2-3 pull here and there" stage of it.

P.s. the car is fucking quick. Makes me wonder just how much quicker it would be with a vortex.....

Edit: act recommends 500 miles but I did so many short trips at the beginning I must have done enough heat cycles for it. I'll just try not to beat the crap out of it (too much) for at least another 250 miles. After that all bets are off.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Sounds like an excuse for being slow to me. 😉

On the off chance I'm actually behind someone in a manual, I would see the brake lights go off and spare you my wrath.

Edit: you should be in neutral at most lights. Even if it's short, don't sit with the clutch depressed. I still pull away from lights before most cars, even having to shift before going.
By longer light what I mean is 2 seconds lol.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who stop at a red light, leave a full car length between them and the next car, and then close up one by one so I have to move up constantly or I'm the guy with a full car between.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
On my WFH day I have gone out at "lunch" and bought 15 bags of concrete, a wheelbarrow and other assortments. Also fuck people who go to self-op car washes that have credit card machines on a few stalls and block it when vaccuming while all the other slots are open. I cut around the guy and went into the stall. He saw me, huirried up and finished whatever the fuck he was doing on his hootie while blasting mumble rap and approached me. I laughed, told him to pound sand and finished in 4 minutes, as expected. All I needed was to blast muid off my truck. Meanwhile I had already waited 10 minutes for this kid. People are so unaware of their surrounding.
one of my favorite sayings, short of calling someone fuckface

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
By longer light what I mean is 2 seconds lol.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who stop at a red light, leave a full car length between them and the next car, and then close up one by one so I have to move up constantly or I'm the guy with a full car between.
always hated that shit, typically just said fuck it i'm chilling when i had a manual

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I had this lady piss me off so much about a month ago. I can't stand how nobody owns up to their mistake when they're driving. If you fuck up and aren't in the correct lane or are about to miss your turn then just miss the fucking turn. She was like the 2nd person in the lane to take a left turn. The light for the left turns green. She puts on her right blinker and just sits there. The entire left turn lane had to sit there for 2 light cycles because some Karen cunt didn't want to go out of her way.
god fuck these people. in the middle lane going 80 on the highway and deciding to cut two lanes over 200 ft before your exit. Sometimes they do it just so they can cut off one more person. The fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.