GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

bmxdarcy

Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
After much googling I've come to ask: Has anyone attempted rear brake upgrades on Golfs with a rear beam? I've seen it mentioned but never confirmed.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

bmxdarcy

Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Thanks for the info, Nineeightyone. Admittedly this is the daily and primarily for scene points, but I do have a BBK for the front and I'd like to maintain the bias, so going to the 310mm should get me there, if my math is correct.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Someone called, haha. @bmxdarcy I am running GTI PP brakes on the rear of my Golf TDi. The e-brake lines come in from other side (top or bottom, I forget which) so the e-brake cable routing is shitty, but has not caused any issues since install.

I'm currently in the process of retrofitting Electronic Parking Brake... by that I mean I have all the parts. That will require a switch to 46 pin ABS module, assuming your car has the 38 pin.

None of it is worth it, unless you just want the look of bigger rotors back there. That's the boat I'm in. But the PP brakes bolted right up, bought PP rear rotors too. No problem with offsets or anything funny like that. I would therefore assume any rear brake upgrade intended for the GTI/R will bolt up too, with the issue of the e-brake cable routing.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So stupid COBB TC question. Do I have to turn off ESC for it to work correctly?

I don't have front assist FYI.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Has anyone gotten the ANDREAM MMI BOX for their mk7 and gotten it to work? I installed it, plug and play. Setup the Bluetooth carplay portion. No wireless portion though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-111856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228-111856_Samsung Internet.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 46

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Is there a specific thin wrench anyone can recommend for getting the ignition coils offf with? I had always been able to get away not using one until today. 😤

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Is there a specific thin wrench anyone can recommend for getting the ignition coils offf with? I had always been able to get away not using one until today. 😤
Which part are you having trouble with? The ground stud, the clip, or pulling the coil itself?