GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluewater Performance - Denver - be advised

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
EDIT - Had the worst shop experience I’ve ever had on 8/4/22. Would not recommend. I’ll leave my original experience and will add my last visit and why they’ll never see my business again.

For those considering a shop in the Denver metro area: I was hoping to have Hardey’s MotorWerks do some work (timing chain) and Bluewater was actually a lot cheaper, to my surprise (and theirs) even before a veteran’s discount. Pretty good 1st experience with them, especially giving a 10% military discount on labor on top of the cheaper price for timing chain replacement. Hopefully no issues with the work performed but I’ll update with anything pertinent.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Never heard anything bad about blue water at all

I go to Hardey’s a lot. And sitting pretty

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Never heard anything bad about blue water at all

I go to Hardey’s a lot. And sitting pretty
Tbh I wanted to have Hardey’s do the work but they were about 10% more expensive, not counting a veteran’s discount. Not sure if Hardey’s offers one as it was an afterthought and I forgot to ask.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Tbh I wanted to have Hardey’s do the work but they were about 10% more expensive, not counting a veteran’s discount. Not sure if Hardey’s offers one as it was an afterthought and I forgot to ask.
They always hooked me up with a veterans discount. Even on my apr flash.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Oh this looks fun
1659646882802.jpeg

1659646248303.jpeg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Unfortunately, this car was the best of my experience. What a shit show. We’ll see how this turns out before I go into detail.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
So then, I’ve had some decent shop visits and a really bad one. The previous visits were to change the timing chain and repair a leak from the valve cover. The timing chain/ valve cover gasket went ok, though they didn’t fix the leak the first time and I had to bring the car back. 2nd visit was a vortex turbo install. They didn’t adjust/ document the wastegate voltage (it’s low), but hasn’t been an issue with tuning so I didn’t bother to bring it back (it’s an hour each way for me). I was happy with the 4 corner alignment after the turbo replacement.

Went back because I’ve failed 3x with replacing the internals in my hpfp, so I thought I’d have them do it instead. They failed, 2x, so now I don’t feel so bad about my failed attempts. They ultimately caused damage to the hpfp, headlight, and gave me a new little dent near the headlight as a gift for disagreeing with the issue. I do believe that the tech got pissed his failure and my correct prognosis that the internals had seized, and took it out on my car. In my communications, he was an unprofessional asshole and shouldn’t be working on cars. His name is Alex and his work is as pictured. I’ll never go back to Bluewater again, and would advise anyone else to look to a better quality shop that cares about it’s customers and it’s reputation.

1660062767032.jpeg

1660062891844.jpeg

1660062922692.jpeg

1660062823694.jpeg

1660062854924.jpeg

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Couldn't complain about the work they did on my car, they fixed some wiring, did my initial UM tune. However I know a couple other people who've had issues with Alex's work. They seem kinda pricey for the apparently quality you get.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Couldn't complain about the work they did on my car, they fixed some wiring, did my initial UM tune. However I know a couple other people who've had issues with Alex's work. They seem kinda pricey for the apparently quality you get.
Yeah I think they can do good work, but are ultimately unaccountable when mistakes are made. I should have ponied up the extra cash for Berg. BW was actually a cheaper option to Berg and Hardey’s. Glad you had a good experience.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Yikes. Did they spray something on the headlight that damaged the plastic? I spilled brake fluid on one once and it was not pretty.
It looks that way. I believe it’s a solvent or caustic chemical that heats up really fast and causes cracks to form inside of the headlight. No response from the shop. I noticed something that seemed like water or kinda milky substance on the headlight, after the first failure, but I’d dismissed it because I was too busy thinking about whether they failed at reinstalling the internals that I had in when I showed up.

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Update: I wrote a google review and received a callback from the shop, saying they’ll be replacing the hpfp with a new one, and they’ll take a look at the headlight.