GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Don’t you mean you’ll be out of town next weekend?

Not sure if srs 😑

I'll be out of town May 27th through May 29th.

Also, I started putting a list together of all the crap I need for the spring install and this is slowly becoming a lot more than the $200 I originally expected the lowering springs to cost... :ROFLMAO:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Was unaware. I assume it’s Saturday, just don’t know timeframe/location. I might swing by if able considering I’m in Fleming.
8 am on Sunday at the movie theater parking lot.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Not sure if srs 😑

I'll be out of town May 27th through May 29th.

Also, I started putting a list together of all the crap I need for the spring install and this is slowly becoming a lot more than the $200 I originally expected the lowering springs to cost... :ROFLMAO:
I was joking based on the previous conversation of the difference between “this” and “next” weekend.

Copy spring install. Yup, I know what you mean.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
8 am on Sunday at the movie theater parking lot.
The cars and coffee I’m used to attending are Saturday mornings, that’s why I assumed Saturday. I have something I’ve committed to Sunday morning unfortunately, otherwise I would’ve gone.

Last edited:

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
I was joking based on the previous conversation of the difference between “this” and “next” weekend.

Copy spring install. Yup, I know what you mean.

Yeah I figured haha.

What springs did you decide on? I'm going with VWR and plan on replacing the bearings and stretch bolts. Undecided on the rear TT pad. Probably going to go the route with disconnecting the axle rather than the 2x4 as well. I'll keep you updated.

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Yeah I figured haha.

What springs did you decide on? I'm going with VWR and plan on replacing the bearings and stretch bolts. Undecided on the rear TT pad. Probably going to go the route with disconnecting the axle rather than the 2x4 as well. I'll keep you updated.
Honestly, it’s a coin toss. I really don’t know. I have other things going on that are keeping me distracted from pulling trigger. EMD, VWR and H&R are all good and I have read good reviews. Even heard good things about Eibach.

I do plan on replacing the front top strut mounts (aka bushings) and bearings. Not sure if I plan to replace with OEM or 034 Motorsports. Keeping stock struts and shocks. Miiiiiiiight replace the rubber piece that the spring rests on (can’t recall name but it’s a few bucks if I recall).

yes, keep me posted.

Last edited:

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Nevermind! Was able to cross reference it with ECSTuning's site. I think I'm good now.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Also, why does shopDAP seem to charge a premium for their OE parts? $53 for EACH bearing? Come on.....

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Also, why does shopDAP seem to charge a premium for their OE parts? $53 for EACH bearing? Come on.....
I like their videos, not impressed with their customer service. I called once to ask a question about a part, the girl couldn’t answer my question and said to email them with all the info and I would get a call back. Guess what? You’re right. They never called me back.