GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Heading down to HPA to drop off my rear trailing arms today and hopefully get an update if we can get the swap done before my track day double header in June. Haven't heard anything about the parts coming in from China but also didn't ask to keep my heart from breaking.

On that same note, Marcel was interviewed in a pod cast and talks openly about the swap near the end of this episode: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5JV0SNsbO2UTwJkh4dhmiD?si=e5f371d8842449dc

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
My bots polling for availability sent me an alert for wavetrac differentials being available. After checking it looks like it's both in stock and sold out according to their website? lol

1652893172839.png

Guess I'll continue waiting. I think their web admin broke the site during an update because a lot of it isn't working atm.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Spoke to Wavetrac directly about the DQ381 and Haldex LSD's. Looks like their site got messed up however, I placed a pre-order on both so I secure stock as soon as they're available!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
And here we go folks.... first cuts being made. DQ381 machined to mate to the DDKA. HPA should be posting some video in the next day or two as things ramp up.

1653430439989.png

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Doubly whammy today.. Upholsterer has started on my interior too (definitely not by coincidence)...

1653432311843.png

This will go in the inset for the Recaro Sportster CS and the rear seats.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
This is a sick build! Are you going to swap over an electronic wastegate from the dpka engine?
It will not be swapped over sadly. The boost control is solenoid driven iirc.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Upholsterer shared a reel the other day showing the Recaro seats material. Ignore the odd audio they picked lol.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeMCcg9pCe3/

Gotta say it turned out even better than I imagined so far.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
1654272573598.png

First seat is done-- the Sportsters and the rear seats should be done next week and the door cards a week after that!

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I will be receiving the car back next week for 3 track days coming up. There's still parts which were in limbo in China they are waiting on to complete the VRT swap. BUT the in-house fab is ready and the long blocks will start being built soon in anticipation of the missing parts showing up next week.

Since I have 3 committed track days over the next few weeks I'll be running those before returning the car to the shop to get the engine installed.

Lots of track mods + the Recaro seats going into the car in time for the track day next week though. Exciting times.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
The upholsterer shared this with me: the rear seats are done! I'll be picking the car up tomorrow and will be cosmetically complete for the build.

1655251287437.png

I'll be keeping the car a few weeks to do three track days before returning it to HPA for the VR6 turbo swap. Assuming the parts have finally arrived from China.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
All done and prepped for the double header track day this weekend! Couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!!!

PXL_20220615_211119524.jpg

PXL_20220615_211318228.jpg

PXL_20220615_211134110.jpg

PXL_20220615_234511509.jpg

PXL_20220615_234519044.jpg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Couple of quick shots from my buddy. Chased down and obliterated that R8 V10 and many other cars at the event. Beat my PB by 3 seconds: all the suspension upgrades really paid off! Having proper bucket seat + harness really helped with the comfort in the high G turns and braking zones too.

_DSC4283.jpg

_DSC4386.jpg

Fun fact: I was hitting the kerbs so hard that my entire dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree because it thought it was in a crash: TPMS, stability control, etc were all disabled until I pulled into the pits and did a few circles at full lock. Carried on to finish the session lol.