APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Do they ship to turkey?

From their site:

International Shipments​

FCP provides the best service and quality parts to customers all over the globe every day. We understand that purchasing parts internationally can be stressful and would like you to know we are committed to help at every step of the way.

Shipping Cost and Time Frames​

The shopping cart will automatically compute the shipping charge for your order. Please add the items you need to your cart and continue to check out to view your shipping options. Transit times listed on the website are estimates and will vary depending on your location as well as the amount of time it will take your government to process the order through customs. In most cases, items shipped around a week to arrive, but can be closer to two to three weeks with some shipping methods.
You will likely be charged a duty (tax) on your order. We do not handle this tax and your local customs agency will charge you the correct amount in accordance with your local laws. It is your responsibility to review and understand these taxes when ordering and FCP Euro can not be held accountable for this in any way.

International Vehicle Fitment Information​

Please note that our fitment data and vehicle selector is for United States of America Market cars only. If you are searching for parts for an international car please search for exact part numbers.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
It's good you've noticed it too, that means it's consistent between our cars. It's definitely must be a traction issue. I think I mentioned sometimes I notice the traction light come on between a 1-2 shift when I'm really getting into it. Just from shaking the car down, I can tell first gear commands much less boost then second. I'm guessing once it hits second gear its like the flood gates open. If you play my video on 0.25 playback speed, you can clearly see the speedometer and rpms jump then "catch up". It's just hard to see in realtime because 0-60 happens so quick. What's odd is I feel like we both have pretty solid tires on our cars from the pictures you posted. I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine and they've been great to me so far. Can anyone with a vortex XL or bigger turbo on a R chime in if they have the same sort of traction issues between gear shifts?

Either it's normal and we just need better tires, or it's something that can be adjusted in the tune to ease that transition between shifts and possibly yield better 0-60 times without spinning. I know it seems like a real minor issue, but if the tires slip for even ~0.2 seconds between gear shifts, especially between the 1-2 shift, it's a solid impact when you've got sub 3.5 second 0-60 times. I'll have to log it some point soon to get some better data.
Yeah i have brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4/S - Great tire by the way! Handles excellent for the R and rides/wears so much better than the supersports. If you don't have a FWD car you have much more freedom for tires lol

Either way, touching sub 3.5's is amazing!!

Here is a list of cars we should be able to 'mess with' on the street now lol
https://www.hotcars.com/20-cars-you-didnt-know-could-go-0-to-60-in-less-than-4-seconds/

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Let me add... that's the FWD file with my 255 PS4S. The AWD file is slightly slower, because it spins a little. Unless you are on slicks, I don't see how the AWD file would be beneficial.
Interesting. I was really looking to do the AWD file, based on other owner’s feedback who said the FWD was sluggish during typical daily driving situations, and that the AWD felt much more peppy down low.

Edit: 2015 GTI SE (DSG, non-PP) owner

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Finally they answered my calls. They started the refund process. If DTR Turbo had come, I would like to do before and after with my APR stg2 high tq.

Apr web site does not ship to Turkey. Is there a seller you would recommend?

@PerceivedShift , @VAG Parts Bin I saved FCP Euro as an option. Thanks.
So you’re going Apr stage 2 with your is38 car to the DTR?…. Paging @riceburner - warn this man…

Spoiler - keep the refund and look at more options… Unless you NEED to go back to stock DP, you’re makes quite the flat lateral move.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
So you’re going Apr stage 2 with your is38 car to the DTR?…. Paging @riceburner - warn this man…

Spoiler - keep the refund and look at more options… Unless you NEED to go back to stock DP, you’re makes quite the flat lateral move.
What are you talking about?

Tolga-R

Car(s)
2017 Audi S3

Actually, i was thinking dtr6054 is same as g25-550. If the Apr stg3 tune does not have the power ( my target is 500 hp ) . I was going to try the Revo.

Of course, all these thoughts were at the end of March. I guess I may have to think again. you're right

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Actually, i was thinking dtr6054 is same as g25-550. If the Apr stg3 tune does not have the power ( my target is 500 hp ) . I was going to try the Revo.

Of course, all these thoughts were at the end of March. I guess I may have to think again. you're right
Curious about on how you are planning on reaching 500 (w?)hp with the DTR6054, and why? Platform (GTI/R), upgraded fueling, race gas, custom tune, aftermarket DP?

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

@Tolga-R means they're already using APR's Stage 2 tune and would like to compare the differences between that and the DTR/DTR tune.

audia3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 2.0T
Hi all - New to the forum but have been lurking on this thread for a while. I have a 2015 A3 and installed the DTR kit 2 weeks ago (mods in my sig). I went from IE Stage 1 ECU/TCU and have been very happy with the upgrade. The car still has plenty of low-end power to scoot around town and then when you get on it, it just keeps pulling and pulling! Overall very happy with the kit. I haven't really missed the immediate torque from the IS20 as other have.

I'm heading to the track next Thurs for a 1/4 mile run. With stage 1, my best time was 13.18@102 (1st time ever at the track).

I did a 0-100 the other night on a very hilly strip of road. I need to update the launch to 3500 or 4000. ECU still on the v1.0 which also needs to be updated. You'll see in the video that the shift points are low. I contacted APR and they said the shift points for the DQ250 are:
1-2: 6700 (mine is ~6400)
2-3: 7000 (mine is ~6800)
3-4: 7300 (mine is about that)

The car is clearly shifting 200-300 RPM before those set points but APR said that is expected (🤷‍♂️). Just seems like I'm leaving meaty HP on the table by shifting so early. That's the only negative I have so far.