GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

jax fl meets

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
@mrmattolsen I might have broken my car. If I can't get it sorted before Sunday, can I co drive with you? We'll throw my tires on your car.

Are you guys autocrossing at the Fernandina beach airport this weekend? A guy I work with was trying to get me to go. He drives a black turbo yaris, sometimes a tacoma. Ya'll probably have seen him before.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
And does anyone recommend a DCC compatible set of shocks/struts online anywhere with link to site? I’m having a hell of a time finding.

I think the Bilstein B16 and KW DDC V3 kits are about the only ones. Both are around $3k though. If you're not tracking your car, don't bother.

Yeah sorry. I’m just using it as a daily, no track no autocross. I’ve been told for the drop I’m looking to achieve(1”-1.3”) I don’t need to replace shocks and struts and then I hear I do. Was just trying to get your take on it. Copy strut bushings and bearings/camber kit. Gracias amigo.

I think Sean already covered it but if you have stock DCC just stick with those.

Let me know what parts you end up going with, I haven't even looked into it yet.

Last edited:

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
No, just do the strut bushings and bearings unless you're having issues with noises, tire wear or alignment.

Are you referring to the rubber mount at the top of the strut when you say "bushings"? Sorry if that was already covered somewhere.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Are you referring to the rubber mount at the top of the strut when you say "bushings"? Sorry if that was already covered somewhere.
Yes, and between that and the spring, there's a bearing.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Right. I'm familiar with the bearing it was just when I hear "bushing" I usually think of like control arm bushings. I consider the top of the strut more of an "upper mount". I'm on the same page now though, so thanks!

gatoraviator

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE w/PP
Right. I'm familiar with the bearing it was just when I hear "bushing" I usually think of like control arm bushings. I consider the top of the strut more of an "upper mount". I'm on the same page now though, so thanks!
Yeah, I’ve seen the parts in “how to” videos, but when you hear the terms bearing and bushing, my mind has a different visual of what they actually look like.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Happy Friday (well now Saturday)

Washed the car last night. Loving the way its looking but damn I need those springs 😅

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Happy weekend y’all. Any Saturday projects? I got nothin other than beating the car up at autocross tomorrow. Will try to give her a quick wash today.

Sprinklers and sod. You know, the fun home owner stuff.......

I'm assuming you guys are going to Fernandina airport tomorrow?